New Member and some quick ?'s

ebphondaprelude

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
1st off hello every1. i just got my voom installed 3 days ago. the installer kinda didnt kno much what he was doing but he got it all in werking order, he installed the satallite and i installed the reciever LOL... anyways so far im still a little dissappointed in the HD . i own a 50" panasonic lcd TV and the reciever is connected through DVI and i've watched a dvd that were more clear then the HD programming? isnt HDTV suppose to be 6x greater then dvd? or is their commecial wronge?
Also do diffrent HD shows come in diffrent modes like 1080i or 720i and does it auto adjust it? Other then that the Voom still wins over cable but dont kno if its worth what its cut out to be.
Thx

What resolution do you have on your STB? The little red button on the front panel controls output mode. Try pushing the red button until only the top bar is lit up. That will give you 1080i. See if that makes a difference, especially with a DVI connection.

I assume we have the same panasonic. Yes HD is 6x DVD, but only at 1080i, Your TV is 3x DVD quality. You should set the box to 720p over DVI, but you will not be able to do this until your new software code pushes into the box.
Don't be surprised if it looks better over component than DVI. You'll need to tweak the color gain on DVI. For now just run everything over component @ 720p.

yes rite now it is @ 1080i i will try the 720p and component but but from what i remember its a little to red, let me try to adjust the colors

Welcome aboard ebphondaprelude.

There will be certain HD channels which will be clearly superior to others. It really depends on the broadcast/programming. Converting a movie from the 70's/80's to HD will only look so good which is apparent on the cinema 10. Also realize that many of the premium channels like HBO, ST et al are merely conversions also and not 'true' HD and how they transfer them from film plays a roll. Shows shot in true 1080i should be your benchmark of comparing to another provider if you have that opportunity. We would all love to see everything at the same quality level as say Discovery HD, but such isn't/won't be the case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts