• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpenni

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
north carolina
hi all i'm new to C band and looking for a little help getting started. i joined a few days ago and have found some answers to my questions but not all. i have a viewsat 7000 reciver and found to dishes a 10' and 12' i will pick up this week. my question is i want to use C & ku and read alot of post and not sure what lnb is a good one to start with and from what i have the viewsat will move the dish is this correct. sorry if this is the wrong place. thanks for any help in advance.

Doing C and Ku on the same 10' dish is possible but can be tricky if you are inexperienced. The C-Band signals are a little more forgiving if your alignment is a little off, the Ku on the other hand is much more touchy. A lot of guys here, myself included have a separate dish (or dishes) for Ku and use a big dish dedicated to C-Band.
There are many ways to do what you want, some of which are complicated to set up but once set up properly will be easy to use and some others are simpler to set up but require more patience to operate. For simplicity in moving the dish do some searching on the forums for V-Box. It is a box that connects between your viewsat receiver and the LNB of the dish and converts the dish moving functions to use with a big dish actuator. I don't have one so I can't comment much further on that but do some searching and see what you find.

I'm sure you'll get something up and running soon, there's a lot of good people and good info to be had. There is simply not a better site for learning everything you will need to know!

For an LNB, I would get a DMX741 from Galaxy Marketing.
There are 2 Basice Dish movers, VBox and GBox.
The GBox is the best, and most expensive. You can get a VBox 6 on ebay for $30 with free shipping.

As noted, setting up Ku on a BUD is not the easiest, challenging, but not impossible.

thanks for the info. i might try two dishes instead of one. i looked around at different sites and this looked to be the best. would the vbox take the place of the old reciver? thanks

Yes it would........well, it would handle the dish moving chores and take commands from your Viewsat to do so. The only reason to use an old receiver is if you are looking for some of the very few analog feeds left. Again, there are not too many left in analog but if you are really into feed hunting it might be an option for you.

thanks for the info. i might try two dishes instead of one. i looked around at different sites and this looked to be the best. would the vbox take the place of the old reciver? thanks

try to use what you have to start. if you like this you will have time to spend later. if you don't like it you spent just time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)