New Model: GEOSATpro HDVR3500 Satellite STB DVBS2 / XBMC / IPTV

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Now Stocking: GEOSATpro HDVR3500
Satellite Receiver DVBS2 with IPTV, XBMC, Web Browser and other apps.

$165 Free Shipping to US / PR / VI

http://titaniumsatellite.com/products
SatelliteGuys always save 15% with discount code: "SATGUYS SAVE"

GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Front_RCU_Small.jpg

The GEOSATpro HDVR3500 runs smoothly on the powerful HiSilicon 3788M Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz. Impressive 64GB internal flash memory! Front and rear USB ports, LAN and WiFi is standard. External 12Vdc/2A power supply. Single satellite tuner with loop-through. HDMI and AV outputs with closed captioning overlay. The IR remote is well balanced and sits well in the hand.

Satellite installation is simple and the menus feel familiar. The first screen has the user select the location and city for time zone and FTA or the Glorystar mode. North American satellite list as well as an entire worldwide list is preloaded and are separated by C and KU bands. Supports 22KHz, DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 switch control and flawless motor control via DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS. Satellite / transponder and channel list editing is available in the install menu. The pre-installed apps include XBMC, YouTube, Google Maps, Weather, IPTV with many channels (and ability for inputting you favorite streams).

The satellite scanning was accurate and blind scan was lightning FAST. Only 1:45 on for a full blind scan of 116.8W C-band! The tuner is sensitive and in addition to the beautiful HD picture quality, the SD channels also looked very good and pleasant to view a large monitor. The HD channels played smooth without stutter.

The channel banner shows a ton of information without having to go to the service information screen. The time display is in 24hr mode. Closed Captioning supoprted for both EIA 608 and 708! As expected, Dolby audio is decoded on-board and plays through HDMI and AV L/R. It also has coaxial digital audio output.

The internet set-up on LAN is automatic and the WiFi set-up only needed my the password to connect. It is updated via either Internet or satellite via G19 KU band as an automatic or manual function. The internet update was simple and took only about 30 seconds.

If you don't have an internet connection, don't worry. The HDVR3500 is much less dependent on an internet connection than other STBs.

Attachments

• 20150710124944.jpg
    20150710124944.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 214
  • GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Front_RCU.jpg
    GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Front_RCU.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 288
  • GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Rear.jpg
    GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Rear.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 201
  • GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Front.jpg
    GEOSATpro_HDVR3500_Front.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 205
Does this do 4:2:2 content? I am hoping AZ box comes out with something that can do 4k soon as well and the additional 16 and 32 psk stuff. I would like to upgrade now but I might as well hold off. If I do end up pulling the trigger, this may be the box that does it. I love how quick the blindscan is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)