Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I'm at 80.1 West longitude:

My motor refuses to go anywhere west of 129 West and no where further east of 43.1 West. Is this a limit issue? Doesn't sound like it. I thought the motor had 70 degrees of leeway. Maybe I'm wrong?

It's a Stab HH90 motor.

Welcome to the HH90 Stab motor craziness. I have HH90 myself and for the longest time I keep thinking the motor has gone crazy. Sometimes it will turn to true south when it is suppose to go to a different location....etc. I came to a conclusion that coax cable length DOES make a difference. Try reduce the length of you cable or try a shorter run into the motor and take it to the location west of 129 West, see if it works.

I'm at 80.1 West longitude:

My motor refuses to go anywhere west of 129 West and no where further east of 43.1 West. Is this a limit issue? Doesn't sound like it. I thought the motor had 70 degrees of leeway. Maybe I'm wrong?

It's a Stab HH90 motor.
I am in Toronto 79.2 W, with the same dish and motor setup I am able to get 30W to 129W most likely you need to some tuning on your motor, it looks you are below the Clark belt on the east side. I had similar problem.
The motor limits are Rotation Angle ±65° that means 80-60=20°

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)