New mystery receiver discussed on Satellite Nation tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In short, unless you draw a good straw you'll have to wait exactly 1 day after I decide these are ready for North America. I am fine with the fact that we'll find some bugs and problems on a completely new platform but I want the basics solid before we release for public purchase.

You heard wrong on the "excellent blind scan" for Alien1. It too has a SOFTWARE blindscan. That it happens to kick the crap out of any AZbox hardware blindscan for accuracy and time doesn't matter. It is rather slow compared to our ALi3612 and 3511 based STB's and even Alien2. When it comes down to it the benchmark hasn't been AZ for anything in a long time. Alien1 will get the job done and done right, but not nearly as fast as other current production STB's on the market.

If you are looking for proven and relatively easy to use STB, get yourself an Alien1. If you really want to test the edge of the market, wait for the new STB.

"They" have, as in "I" have on Satellite Nation radio show.

I haven't even told my guys at the Fridge this yet but we have 3 engineers dedicated to this STB and our list working in HU right now with our guys. I mentioned to the owner of the EU company the other day that I would be back to work on solving one of the issues. He strictly told me NO, that the engineers were there to solve ALL issues. They've got my full list for front and back end. I'll race the engineers to solve them LOL.

Blindscan is #2 on the list and if my 450MHz STi outruns and outperforms many hardware blindscans I think these guys will go good.

Oh Vond, Mini HD SE is probably the one with the killer blindscan you heard about, it beats the crap out of our 3612 even. It has been in Europe for months, I have stock here but won't release until the ALi engineer makes me happy with the WebTV. Please keep in mind you mentioned 2 totally different class of STB and posted in a thread for one that is 5 horses over anything. These boxes all have different features and capabilities and are like comparing apples to oranges.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this. Many peeps miss the sat nation radio show.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You heard wrong on the "excellent blind scan" for Alien1. It too has a SOFTWARE blindscan. That it happens to kick the crap out of any AZbox hardware blindscan for accuracy and time doesn't matter.
When you mention "any AZbox", i'm sure you are referring to any of the AzBox models which used the legacy SMP8634 platform and had hardware blindscan such as Ultra and the Premium HD Plus. I agree that the blindscan on those models was fairly slow.

The current AzBox miniMe American Edition model which uses the more modern SMP8653 platform is much MUCH faster and accurate for blindscanning. Under Quick mode, a full C or Ku band satellite can be blind scanned in less than 5 minutes with excellent accuracy. Detailed mode only adds 3 or 4 more minutes and is only really needed on satellites with lots of narrow (under 2000) SR transponders.

Hi T134, thanks for the fast response and hope you are feeling better.
This is strictly a hobby for me; if the software based blind scan is slower compared with HW based but performs better, I can live with it, I am not in a rush, again, this is a hobby and if I have to sacrifice time for accuracy, I can live with it as well.
And sorry for not attending the show, I have two kids that occupy most of my time with extracurricular activites. I wish I had more time to play!!

Blindscan is #2 on the list and if my 450MHz STi outruns and outperforms many hardware blindscans I think these guys will go good.

Oh Vond, Mini HD SE is probably the one with the killer blindscan you heard about, it beats the crap out of our 3612 even. It has been in Europe for months, I have stock here but won't release until the ALi engineer makes me happy with the WebTV. Please keep in mind you mentioned 2 totally different class of STB and posted in a thread for one that is 5 horses over anything. These boxes all have different features and capabilities and are like comparing apples to oranges.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Software based blind scanning has evolved. I would hold comments about software based accuracy and capabilities until we see the real world blind scan testing results with this STB.

In the past, software blind scan was mediocre at best and usually downright terrible! In the past few years I have tested a few STBs with software based blind scanning that blew the doors off of hardware based STBs. One Android STB sample that I have provides the user with a spectrum analyzer screen from 950 - 2150MHz in about 5 seconds and for example completes 100% accurate TP logging of 58W in approximately 30-40 seconds. It auto-resolves to logging TPs spaced 3MHz and the spacing is also user adjustable through 10MHz if looking for fat signals with clean tables. Logs <900 SR with unlimited PIDs per mux in the auto mode. It is the only STB that I ever tested that logged the thousand+ APIDS on 139W, 3951.

I don't know what this STB will bring to the table, but I do know what is possible. :D

Software based blind scanning has evolved. I would hold comments about software based accuracy and capabilities until we see the real world blind scan testing results with this STB.

In the past, software blind scan was mediocre at best and usually downright terrible! In the past few years I have tested a few STBs with software based blind scanning that blew the doors off of hardware based STBs. One Android STB sample that I have provides the user with a spectrum analyzer screen from 950 - 2150MHz in about 5 seconds and for example completes 100% accurate TP logging of 58W in approximately 30-40 seconds. It auto-resolves to logging TPs spaced 3MHz and the spacing is also user adjustable through 10MHz if looking for fat signals with clean tables. Logs <900 SR with unlimited PIDs per mux in the auto mode. It is the only STB that I ever tested that logged the thousand+ APIDS on 139W, 3951.

I don't know what this STB will bring to the table, but I do know what is possible. :D

This is very interesting. I wish we mere mortals have access to play with such toys. I'm green with envy.:cool:

One Android STB sample that I have provides the user with a spectrum analyzer screen from 950 - 2150MHz in about 5 seconds and for example completes 100% accurate TP logging of 58W in approximately 30-40 seconds. It auto-resolves to logging TPs spaced 3MHz and the spacing is also user adjustable through 10MHz if looking for fat signals with clean tables. Logs <900 SR with unlimited PIDs per mux in the auto mode. It is the only STB that I ever tested that logged the thousand+ APIDS on 139W, 3951.
My eyes just about popped out after seeing that.

Performance aside, what is the difference between hardware and software blindscan?

[*]4:2:2 SD is working flawlessly right now (in a rooted system) and plays a live stream to the TV. CBS 4:2:2 HD did not work so far but that is because for testing purposes they are bypassing the GPU. It played in slow motion when just running software decoding, but before it is released in North America they will have it going through the GPU and then it should work.
Any news about this box ???

I've been specifically asked for an update on the XBMC box here...

We've had Mini HD SE with the kick ass ALi3511 dual core 600MHz processor that runs circles over the pirate junk and anything else in NA. I just released stock from 2013 because it finally meets my requirements for TRUE FTA in North America.

Don't get me wrong at all, we didn't have to steal our FCC DOC from Satellite AV or wait for some X2ool to do our switching work. I held this box back for many months from the EU release because I wanted functions for NORTH AMERICA to work right. Now it does.

Coincidentally we launched DLNA support and live satellite to Android streaming with the North America Mini HD SE launch.

As far as the Android XBMC STB, the engineers only have to meet one more requirement before I "like" it and release for NA. Sorry, I am not an X2ool or linkshat, not going to try and dump a bunch of STB on people until it at least meets my minimum standards. I WILL NOT DO A PIRATE BRAND WITH SWITCHABLE TUNERS. I might go with an entirely different manufacturer and brand for Android FTA STB. At least the NA guys will know it is vetted and will get support.

Im curious. So this is just a stock android with stock xbmc that anyone could use ? or did you guys make changes to to either ? if so Id love to see the source. XBMC is more and more being used on android, just not in a satellite role on android (it is a little in linux, but mainly through tvheadend)

UDL

So this is just a stock android with stock xbmc that anyone could use ?

UDL

I've worked on this for a long time independently and took a backseat/advisory roll when my friends in EU caught up on the idea. I was dumb enough to partner with guys in Europe that millions of dollars in a week selling more units than cross North American airspace in a year.

This is not X2ool where we support the latest piracy platform. This is not Linkshat with pirate code and an instantly drop in LS400 tuner that hacks dish netowrk and bell tv.

I had a conversation tonight with the owner of Amiko that reaffirmed 200% their commitment to True FTA in North America.

We are working toward something for the NA True FTA market, not a linksat or junkbox with not so hidden code. Whenone of my partners in EU or CN gives us something that works here it will be released but not a day before it meets my standards,

If you want a stock android tinker toy, go for it.

Oh dont get me wrong, Im 100% for advancement of the hobby. I wasnt happy with the state of linux drivers or applications so I wrote applications and fixed issues with the drivers. But Im also 100% an open source advocate, I believe that truly supporting this hobby means an open and transparent solution.

Android and XBMC are both open source projects. XBMC is licensed under GPLv2, any changes you make to the code must be published. You cant fix an issue in XBMC and keep it to yourself to sell units, you have to release that code to the public. You can obviously write new applications and keep them closed, thats perfectly legal. But you cant take an existing licensed product and make changes to it and not release those changes. So if this XBMC is stock, thats fine, but then its not really anything special is it.

There are ways around it releasing all the source, but you have to at a minimum release a compilable source code. If you want an example of that you can see how TBS does it. They release a kernel modules tree that links to static pre compiled binary blobs.

TrueFTA is pretty cool here in NA, defn not like euro. I used to work with OpenPLi quite abit on making enigma2 more NA friendly. I can remember quite a few nights where they were saying "well thats not right, its supposed to be this way" ... "well ya maybe in Europe, but not here in NA lol"

UDL

hello everyboy
I'm from Italy
I've 2 important question about this box:

1) do you think this Box Will certainly able to show multistream channels (acm/vcm)? At the moment only tbs PC CARD can do that. It's a very very important features required here in europe (also if I know that this box is mainly dedicated for US)

2) how is tuner sensitivity? I've a Dr Hd F15. best receiver I've ever had because of his tuner sensitivity (Similar receiver are BLADE7000/TECHNOMATE 5402 with same tuner). Do you think this new receiver will have a great tuner?

3) Sorry for my bad english :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)