New National HD channels on Dish Network in 2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Food Networks HD, HGTV HD, Starz HD and 5-10 more HD National channels by the end of 2006.

Besides the 5 Voom HD and Espn HD and UHD

Besides Local HD.

Tom Bombadil said:
I can't wait to a see a cheese souffle prepared in high definition!
As long as Rachel Ray or Giada De Laurentis is in HD, then I will be happy! Hell they can boil dirt for all I care. Just mute and enjoy!

hah. Tried the whole convincing thing after watching via the food channel. didnt fly as she splashed out for xmas and got me a sony 9000es amp (thats a big "ouch" to the pocketbook, didnt dare tell her i wanted the crazy ass new denon one for fear of death!) Anyways, at 299 or 99 if u wait the 622 sounds like a great deal.

Last edited:
Was there any mention of Starz HD on the chat or did I miss it? I saw the name flash up on the screen during one of the videos, but didn't hear anyone ever confirm the channel was coming.

I do not think they confirm it because the contract was not done. But it looks like they have intention of doing so. Just the fact that it was there makes you think that it can happen.

Yes, Food Network in HD will be really something. I was wondering does this mean that the Food Network and HGTV will be carried right at its inception ? Does Dish already have a deal with Scripps to carry these on day one of their HD channels ?

According to Charlie. If you have a 211 or 622 you could see the New Voom channels today. Food Network, HGTV, UHD, and ESPN2 HD Feb 1. Those are already under contract. (again, someone correct me if I am wrong)

Sean Mota said:
According to Charlie. If you have a 211 or 622 you could see the New Voom channels today. Food Network, HGTV, UHD, and ESPN2 HD Feb 1. Those are already under contract. (again, someone correct me if I am wrong)

Wouldnt that also include 411 owners?

Sean Mota said:
Slight error here.

The Food Network and HGTV where listed as "2nd quarter" and not Feb 1st. They likely won't be lauched by Feb 1st anyway.

Thanks for the correction. I knew something was missing from that. Is the 411 MPEG-4 compatible. With all these receivers numbers is hard to keep track of them all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)