New Orleans HD...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark319

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
anyone know whats the timeline for the New Orleans locals to be in HD. They annouced "soon" a long time ago. however what's "soon" in directv's world. 1 week, 1 month, 1 year....

thanks

Some D* reps still say Late Feb but having talked to numerous reps from their local brand down here, the locals will not be on D* until the new sats are up

Mark,
Many of the local networks that were scheduled to be lit by the end of last year, were pushed back, mine as well.... I'm hearing late '07, but you never know, depending on how well the sat launch and how quickly things get turned up.
I think it had something to do with the fact that D* was being sold at the same time

Jimbo

anyone know whats the timeline for the New Orleans locals to be in HD. They annouced "soon" a long time ago. however what's "soon" in directv's world. 1 week, 1 month, 1 year....

thanks
-----------------------
Here is a quote from another forum, from D*
------------------------

This is an email sent to me from Robert Mercer

New Orleans, along with several other markets, was put on hold due to some capacity and equipment inventory issues. Latest word is that we'll launch in late February. Thanks for hanging in there with us. Robert

Robert Mercer
Director, Public Relations
DIRECTV, Inc.
(310) 726-4683

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)