New Pansat 9500HDX

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like it does AC3 over HDMI, no manual PID, and well, pretty much like an S9 except for UHF remote (option). Same menu options!

Of course the Manhattan does not match the manual...it is better.

No universal remote...come on guys, for $200 how hard is that? Dollar tree has them for $1!!!

I may still be an excellent bug free box...

This yet another waste of 200$ just like like the Manhattan.. pure and simple.

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

Iceberg said:
actually now they are 250.....were 169 the other day

Haa mr Kim is nuts

For me spending 200 = Azbox elite hd + Opensat 10 and I get 422 lol

Dollar devaluation... looks like our future unfortunately.

That will be the natural "first reaction" as the dollar falls. However, if they want to do business here, they will eventually have to adjust to the economy of the market here.

Some foreign manufacturers seem to think as the dollar falls, that they must raise the price of their product to the point where they continue to make the same amount of euros/yen/francs/ect... per unit as they did before.

Like I said, it's a natural "first reaction". But it's not very realistic to think that you can still make the same margin in bad economic times as you did in good economic times. They can't indefinitely ignore the reality of the economy of any market in which they wish to do business. If they do, they won't have any business there.

My guess is at $250 per unit, Pansat won't turn very many of these units. Especially when you consider the price of the competition.

Cheers

For all of its shortcomings, most of which are likely firmware related, the Openbox is still, IMO, the best HD/S2 receiver for the money.

+1

Sent from a Rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

I just sent back my S10 after a terrible experience too numerous to go into here BUT...

I did like that it decode AC3 to the RCA's and HDMI albeit with much reduced 'fidelity' than my Technics SH-AC300 (spaciousness). I wish it offered optical output - huge omission IMHO.

So I am shopping around for a replacement. I like the Corotor skew control it does get tiresome to flip polarity each time on my Startrak when going form H to V tps. But does it decode AC3 to RCA ? How is the PVR fcn, it was horrendous on the S10 (can you tell I hated theat box ?) ..would crash when ffwd'ing even at 4x lip sync issues, sluggish response, etc.

Ok so here's my wish list,

1) Skew control
2) Decode AC3 (hi-fi plz)
3) H/w Blind scan (fast like the S10)
4) No noisy fans !
5) Accurate clock that doesn't drift (non-volatile) - VERY IMPORTANT for Timer Recording.
6) Ethernet - Only for accessing Video files - not for pirating !
7) S-Video out ! (some of us still use SD tv's , we only watch classic TV shows..
8) 0/12 V H/V Antenna switch output - remember that ? (Use my HQ Channelmaster switch rather than those crappy 22 khz and Diseqc switches which are fragile and often go bad)
9) No idiotic "Rec" graphic when recording to hard drive - I slave the output to my DVR and I don't want to record with that Rec graphic

Am I dreaming or does such a beast exist ? What would you guys recommend for under $200 ?
Over ? I'll reconsider the Openbox if they fix all those issues - and there are plenty.

From what I read here, I think the Openbox S9 is the better choice over the S10. The S9 is larger, which might contribute to it running cooler. However, the clock is still broken.

You can look at the Manhattan rs-1933 new file is up here on satelliteguys, and guys are discussing the update. I have one but have not updated it yet, don't want to wipe out my channels, so I am waiting till they fix that.

So is this box a complete dud? I saw people writing that it has manual pid entry and then I see writing that it does not. At first glance it looked like my Openbox. Does it have any advantage over the Manhattan or Openbox?

No, not a dud. The 9500 I have is working fine with dual out LNBFs, 4x8 multiswitches, 4x1 switches, DiseqC 1.0, 1.2 & USALS but for one major flaw - the RS232 port doesn't connect when using the 9500HDX_Erom_Upgrade(.exe) software they have listed @ Pansat site.

It does not have manual PID entry but there is a channel editor. Haven't tried that one yet. I reported this to them as a bug on Wednesday, 11/23. It is being looked into now (I hope). I resorted to loading the latest 2011.11.11 file by USB.

I experienced some stuttering on Montana PBS last night but I think I'll blame that on the 36" dish & the overgrown Ficus trees in my neighbors yard. My Ferguson 100 HD(another variety of SOS Ali 3602 stb) stuttered the same way.

I have yet to try out the servo control but will soon. Will use the same dish, same scalar & a Chaparral C/Ku feedhorn & an Ecoda 22 kHz switch. This has the right length feedhorn for a .30 f/D the Orbitron SX-10 requires.

Attachments

• Oct2011FWmenu 005.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 005.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Oct2011FWmenu 006.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 006.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Oct2011FWmenu 011.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 011.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Oct2011FWmenu 018.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 018.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Oct2011FWmenu 023.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 023.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Oct2011FWmenu 028.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 028.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Oct2011FWmenu 030.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 030.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Oct2011FWmenu 036.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 036.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Oct2011FWmenu 002.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 002.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Oct2011FWmenu 037.JPG
    Oct2011FWmenu 037.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I've never had a 9200 so I can't speak to that. Didn't try the PVR yet - have to clear out many GBs of old files on my external HDs first.

AND need to try out the interaction of this stb with a dish positioner, such as the V-box 6 I already have connected to the Orbitron.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)