New PI Channel coming to Dish & DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jegrant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Link: http://www.mentalengineering.com/stations.asp
Beginning April 1, 2006, ‘Mental Engineering’ will be available to 25 million American households via direct broadcast satelite on both DirecTV and DISH network. The series will be featured every week as part of the ‘WorldView’ service of MegaHertz Networks.

To me, this sounds like the new MHz WorldView channel (currently on FTA at IA-5) might be coming to both major DBS providers as a PI channel as of 4/1/06.
http://www.mhzworldview.org/

I don't think they're referring to MHz Networks carriage as LIL for the Washington, DC DMA, as that would not cover "25 million viewers".

It's also possible that an existing PI channel is leaving, but I find it difficult to believe that a channel would leave D* and E* on the same date; I am not sure that's happened before.

Another possibility is that Colours TV, which appears to receive some programming from MHz Networks (the parent company of the aforementioned WorldView channel), might add WorldView as a programming block. However, AFAIK, Colours is not on D*.

I suppose a long shot could be that LinkTV would pick up WorldView as a programming block, since MHz Networks does carry the LinkTV program Mosaic on one of their OTA Washington, DC stations. That would accomplish carriage on both providers. I find it hard to believe that LinkTV would give up their airtime, though; while they repeat programming, I think they intend to remain a 24 hour service.

I can't find any other articles or information leading me to believe this channel will be added, but I think the note on the above program scheduling webpage is fairly convincing.

FWIW, I think the channel sounds interesting. It is somewhat similar to LinkTV, but with more of an emphasis on non-English programming. All programming on MHz WorldView is, however, "English accessible" which means it may be subtitled / captioned / otherwise translated. Not sure if they intend to offer alternate audio feeds - my guess is probably not at launch.

Its a show I believe not a channel

[Can't Find Mental Engineering in your area?
Mental Engineering is available free of charge, exclusively to public TV stations.

All it takes for you to get Mental Engineering every week is for a handful of local viewers to contact your local PBS station and request that they carry the show.

If you really want to make it happen, become a member.

I understand "Mental Engineering" is a show. But they appear to be indicating they'll be carried on a new channel "MHz WorldView".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)