Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is the new pricing Chart that was handed out at Team Summit. The prices are effective on June 3rd.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Does anyone know if the the HD only America, Silver and Gold packages include ALL of the HD channels that are available in the America's top 120, 200, and 250 respectively? In other words, are the HD only packages the same except that the America's Top packages have the SD channels too?

Does this mean that Dish America HD is dropping to $29.99 including locals AND that I could add Platinum to it for $10, effectively putting me $5 over my current price to get ALL of the platinum channels?

Is it definite now, that those of us with locals via satellite available to them, but who have not subscribed to them in the past, will now be required to take them (& pay the extra $5/month)?

I agree that it appears so as well. I wish they'd publish the channel list for the Dish Americas on their site again. The CSR's are never for sure and have linked ot forum posts for the channel lists to me.

Does anyone know if the the HD only America, Silver and Gold packages include ALL of the HD channels that are available in the America's top 120, 200, and 250 respectively? In other words, are the HD only packages the same except that the America's Top packages have the SD channels too?

They do not correspond at the present time and I would not expect them to after June 3. The Dish Americas have had no HD added for well over a year. None have any of the Fox HD like Fox News, Fox Business, FX or Speed or Viacom channels MTV, Nik, BET, and VH1 or MSNBC or any of the new HD added in the past year or so.

Is it definite now, that those of us with locals via satellite available to them, but who have not subscribed to them in the past, will now be required to take them (& pay the extra $5/month)?

As of this week, that was not the case. You could save $5 by not taking the locals even if available. I imagine this will apply to new subs and existing subs will be grandfathered but I do not know this for certain.

If HD is Free for Life, what is the $10 HD add on. It is not Platinum, because it is listed seperatly at the bottom.

Then why is it listed seperately at the bottom, when they could have titled the row HD Platinum and left the footnote off. I do not believe this is correct, since their is not an * by the HD Add on row.

Then why is it listed seperately at the bottom, when they could have titled the row HD Platinum and left the footnote off. I do not believe this is correct, since their is not an * by the HD Add on row.
Yeh. I thought non-platinum HD was included in the package. According to the chart...not, unless I'm missing something.

They do not correspond at the present time and I would not expect them to after June 3. The Dish Americas have had no HD added for well over a year. None have any of the Fox HD like Fox News, Fox Business, FX or Speed or Viacom channels MTV, Nik, BET, and VH1 or MSNBC or any of the new HD added in the past year or so.

Didn't they get some of the Viacom channels? I thought Comedy Central made it.

Yeh. I thought non-platinum HD was included in the package. According to the chart...not, unless I'm missing something.

I think the "HD Add-On" is the old HD charge for those that choose to not accept the terms of the "Free HD" promotion (autopay/$99 etc.).

If you don't take the HD for Life offer with qualifications, HD is still going to cost $10 per month. I assume existing subs will keep both the regular HD and the Platinum for $10. If you drop platinum and don't take the offer I assume you still have to pay $10 for HD. New subs who don't take the commitment, etc. will still have to pay the $10 per month, right. It'd be nice if existing subs got grandfathered for HD for life but I doubt we will.

The $10 may apply to HD if you do not do the Auto-Pay / Paperless Billing & 24 month commitment or the $99 HD upgrade buy-in.

i.e.

Status Quo: You still pay $10 to get the HD, $10 extra for Platinum
Pay $99: You get HD with the normal price of service, $10 extra for Platinum
24 month commitment and paperless billing: You get HD with the normal price of service, $10 extra for Platinum

As it notes add platinum to any HD package, not "HD Only". The Platinum channels are "HD Only" as is, I think, which could be the wiggle room for Dish as to why you don't get it with HD. The HD you get for life is the HD equivalents of the standard channels in your package.

All in all, is it just me or is this a potential package price drop? Pay the $100 for the HD upgrade, it pays off in less than a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)