New Pricing options please! Stop the madness

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Seriously I dropped VaVaVoom because I wasn't happy with the premium channels, not Voom, now to get Wealth HD a channel I want in my lineup I have to sign up for Hbo, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz?! That makes little sense... can you come up with a plan in between basic and VVV like a "Specialty pack" or something that includes all these new SD channels and Wealth HD for like $10 or something?

** Especially if you start adding more RSNs, I may want to watch sports, but not Cinemax, know what I mean?!

They should pop Rainbow-2 on as well.. here's to hoping Mr. Dolan buys Voom first. However I am not compelled anymore to have all the premium channels, I'd rather have a pack that includes DIY though.

That is strange to put Wealth HD into the vavavoom pack but in a way it's smart to do so because if they start putting more new HD stuff into the best package people are likely to subscribe.

What I think they'll do is create a new package that includes WealthHD, Outdoor 2 HD (coming on June) and the other SD channels recently added and price it for ~ $10/month

I agree, Voom needs to add a middle tier and call it Marquee Extended or something like that.

I am all for new pricing plans. I am even willing to pay extra for the RSN's when they get added!

I'd go for an extra $10/month IF (and only IF) Voom did not consider it a program change and bump me up $20, this would not be acceptable.

DarrellP said:
I'd go for an extra $10/month IF (and only IF) Voom did not consider it a program change and bump me up $20, this would not be acceptable.

All charter members, including myself, should know the 39.90 will go away eventually. There will be a day you will pay the 49.90. Unfortunate, but true. So, if you change programming to the mid-tier, of course they will move you to the new price. I doubt, they will base that on your charter status.

I want a HDnet/INHD package for like $5 or $10, I know both HDnet channels cost $1.50 per sub according to the AVS article.

roachxp said:
I want a HDnet/INHD package for like $5 or $10, I know both HDnet channels cost $1.50 per sub according to the AVS article.

It has been stated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......etc........etc.......etc....on these boards. Voom will "NOT" be getting HDnet/INHD any time in the foreseeable future!! Just so there is no wiggle room for you hopefuls out there.. When I say foreseeable future I am talking about YEARS.

roachxp said:

$1.10 for both HD-Net and HD-Movies per sub, but that price might be based on sub counts also.

Unlike other Sat providers and cable VOOM appears to listen to their customers. The INHD's will be a pain with the only on cable crud and the high per sub price they want. I see the HdNet's as an option for VOOM.

Sure allot has been made of Cuban and Dolan not liking each other but they are 1st and foremost business men. They did not get where they are today by conducting their businesses on personal feelings. The bottom line to them is $$$$$$$$. If Dolan has $$$$ to spend I am sure Cuban wants it.

Just my 2 cents.

Vreesar said:
It has been stated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......etc........etc.......etc....on these boards. Voom will "NOT" be getting HDnet/INHD any time in the foreseeable future!! Just so there is no wiggle room for you hopefuls out there.. When I say foreseeable future I am talking about YEARS.

But Cuban doesn't like Jimmy Dolan, if Charles can make the company seperate without Jimmy involved Mark will talk to Charles I hope. I know INHD is a long shot but they are still in court on the issue. And HDnet wants to charge per entire sub base not who signs up for it HDnet would cost VOOM 60,000 per month 40Kx1.50

Vreesar said:
Lots of stuff has been stated over and over and over.... :rolleyes:
That doesn't make it true. If it did Voom would be dead by now.

MarcelV said:
All charter members, including myself, should know the 39.90 will go away eventually. There will be a day you will pay the 49.90. Unfortunate, but true. So, if you change programming to the mid-tier, of course they will move you to the new price. I doubt, they will base that on your charter status.
I agree that all preference given to charter members will disappear. I don't, however think that is necessarily the right thing to do. In the spirit of full disclosure, I do get the old $39.90/month price but I kinda skated in near the end of it and don't consider myself a charter member.
I think Voom should continue to reward the real charter members -- the few who joined at or near the very beginning. In the big picture the extra revenue they'd get from upping their rates should be a drop in the bucket, and it would just be a nice gesture to the few who believed in Voom when no one else did. Before all you business geeks start thumpin' your chests and screamin' that it's a business and there to make money blah blah blah -- remember we're not talkin' about a ton of dollars here. If ten bucks a month from a few thousand subs is going to make that big a difference the point will probably be moot soon anyway.
I would suggest giving the charter members ten dollars off the going rate for as long as they subscribe to Voom -- so the $39.90 would go away as rates increase, but there would always be a built-in reward/thank you for the real charter members.

CWS_kahuna said:
That is strange to put Wealth HD into the vavavoom pack but in a way it's smart to do so because if they start putting more new HD stuff into the best package people are likely to subscribe.

so v* thinks that people won't sub to VVV for HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Sho, but wealthTV and endless reruns of "best luxury yatchs" is what going to reel people in?

I don't think even v* is THAT stupid. they're just doing it this way now b/c they don't have the system in place for doing more tiers. Mind you, they don't even know if they'll still exist comes 4/1

the reason for this flurry of new channels is to get some venture capital. they need to make it look good to whoever is willing to throw some money in with dolen. since you just can't overnight go to mpeg4, or give everyone a new dish, or release a dvr, adding new channels, while expensive, is at least doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)