New problem - 2 Channel Mapping Error

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I decided to push up to the Va-Va-Voom package I mean it was like $14 more and I get everything anyway... Was enjoying The Last Kiss Goodnight on HDTV, very nice... towards the last 10 minutes of the movie, the sound and video started clipping in and out and drove me nuts. I look outside and NO RAIN. The night before that I was watching a movie on HBO HD and the last 5 minues completely cut out on me, as well as Monday's CSI Miami.

Next thing I noticed I wanted to watch LOTR:Two Towers on Starz HD and I noticed StarzHD maps to BravoHD and Starz West HD it says that I don't have it... if you remember I had massive channel mapping errors before but it got fixed anyone have problems with Starz or just 1-2 channels mapping wrong?

Also everytime I call to complain about rain fade, and PQ, they tell me that the installer/repairman has to decide this, and when the installer is there he says Voom has to say it's ok?!

What I think I want is to have my Voom dish OTA and dish Tripod mounted and moved to the roof of my 2nd story house, I also want them to nix the diplexer and re-run clean lines to both boxes (they used existing old cables that are like 12 years old for part of the install). As well as just upgrading the dish size.. I mean I think it will cure my problems, then they don't have to come out anyway to upgrade the dish in the fall.

I'm not sure why some channels are mapping wrong. I think in the past reboots have solved this. As far as the dish goes Voom would still have to exchange dishes even if they gave you a larger one now. The one that is coming in the fall is completely different from the larger dish issued to resolve rain fade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts