New problem with 522?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jameskris

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2004
I haven't seen anything about this in the boards, but I may have overlooked it so please forgive me if that is the case. I h ave noticed here in the last couple of weeks when I was going through the guide that it will freeze up. At first I thought it was a problem with tv 2, but it happens on tv 1 as well. It will take anywhere from 5-30 seconds for it to unfreeze. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yep...and not just in the guide. Just a little frustrating...haven't been able to determine what exactly causes it to happen.

I know. My wife told me it was happening a lot to her too. Once the receiver rebooted during a freeze up. Are you having problems with popping audio as well?

road_rascal said:
Yup, mine freezes up too. Not just on the guide, but while switching channels and doing menu functions.
I noticed it freezing up mainly during rewind, i.e., If you are watching a live program and want to go back 1 or 2 hours back to watch. Also while watching the recorded programs. I noticed that when we press pause and rewind or fast forward quickly it happens. When it happens if we leave it there most of the time it recovers. Couple of times it never came back. At that time I did swap in the single mode and came back again with out any reboot. Most probably I am thinking it may be a memory constraint, just like we see when several programs are running concurrently in PC. Of course that is only my guess.

I've seen it freeze and then do a short HDD diagnostics and reboot. It freezes up when using the guide and flipping through channels. It always freezes when I hit the pause button too . . . . oh, wait, I think it's supposed to do that :)

maximum said:
I've seen it freeze and then do a short HDD diagnostics and reboot. It freezes up when using the guide and flipping through channels. It always freezes when I hit the pause button too . . . . oh, wait, I think it's supposed to do that :)

No, freeze means you can not able to use any other buttons. Just it won't respond.

Yep..mine does it now and then. At first I thought it was a remote problem. It seems to fix itself after a minute.

mine too but seems to happen when i am recording two things and then try to search the guide like if you have to many things going on on your pc itll freeze i dont think its software i thinks it simply that the hardware cant handle that much stress haS any one had it happen when only recording one thing or just simple stuff like that

Just noticed today,My guide says no info available on several channels,even after I shut it down to load.The 8ll is fine,This is my third 522.Anybody else having this problem?

I did as you suggested,and what do you know,it worked! Thanks very much for your suggestion,and remedy,Randy.

I guess Dish just can;t do any type of advanced DVR, 522, 921, etc. My 501 was rock solid, 921 requires reboot at least once a week. From reading this thread I was going to dump 921 and get 522, but now I'm thinking just get a 510 to increase my recording and see if they can do any better with the MPEG 4 receivers.

kluken,

I'd just like to say, I use my 522 DVR quite extensively, auto recording during the day, and burning shows to DVD every night on one turner while watching live tv on the other tuner. I have yet to see any freeze of my 522 or the audio/video sync issues. Reading these forums you may get a sense that the 522 is a POS, but I think not.

I am on my second 522, disk crapped out on the first on after less than a month. The new one has the freeze problem referenced above, the audio pops and clicks, and must be rebooted every week before it will allow playback of a recorded program. Other than that my 522 is great.

johnarose said:
kluken,

I'd just like to say, I use my 522 DVR quite extensively, auto recording during the day, and burning shows to DVD every night on one turner while watching live tv on the other tuner. I have yet to see any freeze of my 522 or the audio/video sync issues. Reading these forums you may get a sense that the 522 is a POS, but I think not.
kluken
Wanna trade 522s? :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)