New Problem With Premium+: "Can't Find Channel List"

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
In the midst of trying to solve my actuator anomaly, I decided to clean up Galaxy-14, since I was pointed at it. I deleted the transponders associated with scrambled channels. I also loaded in AMC-21 on Ku and did a scan. I rebooted and tried to pull up the TBN channel on Gal-14. I got the following error window: "Can't Find Channel List" along with a black screen. I rescanned Gal-14 and pulled down all of the channels. Right now, nothing works.

Is there a factory re-set in my future?

Is there a factory re-set in my future?

Hope not... Maybe try shutting off the unit for a bit and starting it up again. Might be something to do with the memory. Think that happened to my Ultra once and that brought it back. Do you only have the two satellites in your list? If not hopefully you have the list backed up somewhere in case you do have to do a factory reset.
-C.

WHEW!!!!

Well,

I decided that this was as good a time as any to download the utilities and North Americanize my AZBox using the procedures in the stickie. The short story is that is worked like a charm and I'm back in business.

I downloaded the satellite list that one of the guys (sorry I can't remember his handle) posted in a PDF back in Oct 2010. It was a great start. I deleted all of the spacecraft I can't see and added some of the Ku birds. I also removed all the transponders except one perspacecraft and band, which was a great way to get rid of all the inactive and scrambled transponders. Uploading using FTP was simple. I will have to re-scan everything again, but it's a small price to pay. This is also a good time to upload the latest firmware after I save my current list to my PC.

One lesson-learned was that I needed to download the WINrar software in order to get the ACC version 1.1. You can get a 30-day free trial. FYI, version 1.0 doesn't have the buttons to send & receive the transponder list that is noted in the procedures.

Thanks, guy & Happy Thanksgiving! Now, back to solving my actuator problem!