New Product - GEOSATpro SL1PLL - World's First PLL KU Standard LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well the drawing I did on them is kinda crude and I really wasn't set up for the greatest shots.....but I think it is good enough..:D

Did the case break when you popped it.

Nope. One of the little tabs cracked, but that is no big deal to me.

Yes, it's fine, and thanks.

Well, being as small & compact as it is, it doesn't immediately scream: use me! :)
I'll blow the pictures up and give it a good think.

Much appreciated.

... I'd ask for a dead one to cut up, but with a lifetime warranty, that ain't gonna happen! ;)

thinking outside the box with GeoSatPro Ku PLL LNBF

Well, a couple of units are on the way - thanks, Brian.
He asked me to post more info, so ...

Here's what I was thinking:

1). ... it might be possible to machine off the rings of the scalar, and bolt to the remaining flat disc/rim.
That might work to put the LNB on a Primestar feedhorn! :)
Could also mount the PLL LNB to recycled DishNet oval feeds for use on elliptical dishes.
Or, on DirectWay feed for their dish.
Eg: Primestar 84e, Prodelin 1.0 meter, etc. :)

I am usually looking for multi-receiver solutions, so one-output LNBFs don't generally draw my attention.
But for 80-90% of users who are using a single receiver, this brings a Standard PLL LNB to their unique feedhorn/dish combo.

2). ... actually, it was a desire to find a PLL solution for the orthomode feed , that got me here:
If an existing & inexpensive PLL Ku LNB could be adapted, would that result in more than just bragging rights? :)

Again, the scalar rings would need to be machined off.
Then, the round PLL LNB port would need to be mated to the standard rectangular port on an ortho feed.
You find those adaptres on Andrew/ChannelMaster/Primestar/Musak/Prodelin dishes between their feedhorn/scalar and a stock Ku LNB.
That configuration is for when a single polarity is sufficient.
The adapter is the wr-75 c-120 wave guide.
I don't have any; if anyone has a couple they could spare (normally pretty useless) I would appreciate. :)

Using two Standard PLL LNBs on an ortho would require a multiswitch, as always.
There might be several ways to go about this.
If done right, no switch mods would be needed.
But if the multiswitch had been altered to put out 18v on both inputs, rotating one of the PLL LNBs should fix that.
Might even be a better idea, if voltage drop on long coax was a consideration.

Right now, these are just ideas and questions.
I need to see the actual LNBF and talk to my machinist buddy to see what is possible and practical.
If it turns into a big project with pictures, I can start a new thread .
But for now, I hope questions and comments will be welcome here. ;)

Just want to thank Brian for bringing the Geosat SL1PLL LNB to market. I just installed one on one of the ku dishes here and without any other tweaking quality went up 12-15 pts! Thanks!

I would have to second that thank you! I've been very pleased with the performance of the two I have in use. Brian, any chance of a dual-output version in the future?

Regards,

Brian,

I am ordering a SL1PLL LNBF, the Geosat MicroHD receiver and a 22 KHz Ecoda 4 X 4 multiswitch.

Is there a PROMO code that I can use to receive a discount on this sale?

Thanks

RADAR

Last edited:
You will be very pleased!!

Brian,

You are welcome and my thanks back to you as well!

I replied to your order confirmation email regarding my BILLING ADDRESS. It was out of date and I sent the corrected billing address information in the email.
My Shipping address is correctly listed on the order.

Gordy (RADAR)

Please follow up with the office in the AM if you don't receive confirmation by 11am PST. I am out of the office this week at CES.

It is his office number. :)

Ha Ha!
Well, I was pretty sure it wasn't a HOME phone! :)

But, no need, the shop sent a revised billing statement that had the corrected billing address displayed, so I know my email was received.

Gordy

Brian,

Didn't have the opportunity to post a note Tuesday, but everything I ordered arrived just before I jumped in the wagon to head for work! Thank you for the speedy delivery!
Now I simply have to "create" the time to set it all up.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)