New Product: Titanium Satellite C1-PLL C-Band Phase Lock Loop LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tron what is the upside of a bandstacked LNB? Guess I'm not familiar with them...

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

The upside is you can split a single output stacked LNBF to several receivers without using a multi-switch simply by using a high frequency splitter as voltage control is no longer used to switch polarity. This is advantageous in the case of having a dual tuner receiver but with only one outlet in the room where a simple two way splitter could be used to connect both tuners.

if you are running many dishes and dont have room for a zillion coax cables , puts u at half. 18v on long runs is also handy.

Attachments

• IM005353.jpg
    IM005353.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 244
It is very nice to have all transponders from both polarities available on one cable at the same time. The downside, if any, is that you need to be sure your cabling and all inline devices are able to handle the higher frequencies (up to around 2.3 gHz), since one polarity is "stacked" in a higher frequency range above the other.

I'm ready to pounce on this as soon as the moment arrives. Have any US-based resellers been announced yet?

Ah, the Facebook photos are quite impressive, and teasing me quite a bit with the new SC1 Conical Scalar that actually fits properly :)

Sorry that you find new website construction can disturbing! At least, what is up works.... unlike other websites in the news... :eek:

All good things must start by building a solid foundation then are usually built from the ground up! We are currently in the process of starting a brand new company. All products are either currently in production or on the water.

Not activating the products and support document pages until final specifications are released and products are available for sale. This will happen over the next few weeks. The Reseller referral page will be active on November 4th!

I see in your facebook pictures that the fitting has been tested submerged in water but what about the other end? Us offset dish folks have issues where water collects in the conical scaler and then fills up the feed horn with water. My last lnb died a slow death because I couldn't get all the water out. One of your pictures shows a blue cover on the feedhorn with lots of pinholes which I'm afraid will lead to the same problem.

Have you tried drilling a small hole in the feed horn for water to escape? An 1/8" hole should allow water out. Bugs to keep out. And shouldn't effect performance, it's smaller then 1/4 wavelength. I've never had the problem you mention, don't know anyone that ever has. But it wouldn't hurt to try on a cheap lnb first

UDL

Drilling a hole is a great idea. I had my old C2 die the same way. Clear coffee can lids are just a hair small to fit over the conical scaler. There is a dishwashing detergent can with those rectangular soaps that fits perfectly over the conical. Mine got chucked out, so cannot remember if it was cascade or another brand.

Take your conical to the grocery store, :D Might increase humidity/moisture in the heat of summer.

Catamount

Meantime, turkey baster sucks water out of the lnbf pretty well

The Titanium has a heat sink on it.
Must run hot.
That should evaporate any condensate. :)
Only a problem on offset dishes, I think.
On a prime feed (center focus) dish, the lnbf should always point "down".

Drilling a hole is a great idea. I had my old C2 die the same way. Clear coffee can lids are just a hair small to fit over the conical scaler. There is a dishwashing detergent can with those rectangular soaps that fits perfectly over the conical. Mine got chucked out, so cannot remember if it was cascade or another brand.

Take your conical to the grocery store, :D Might increase humidity/moisture in the heat of summer.

Catamount

Meantime, turkey baster sucks water out of the lnbf pretty well

I tried a plastic shopping bag taped over it but a good thunderstorm ripped it off. It never occurred to me that a coffee can lid might fit. I will have to make a paper template before my next trip to the store. Thanks :D

Maybe Brian can get his manufacturer to source one for a few pennies each and add them to a future shipment of the conical scalers. :eureka:

Water cannot collect in the conical scalar and stream into the feedhorn. Any water collected in the conical scalar will exit through the space (2 - 5mm on most feedhorns) between the scalar mount ring and the feedhorn body.

The holes in the feedhorn cover are necessary to reduce condensation build-up in most environments. If you are concerned with rain entering the breather holes on an offset mount configuration, I would second the drainage hole suggestion rather than seal the feedhorn with a solid cap. Another idea would be to cut a RF transparent shade (think baseball hat bill) from a water bottle that prevents rain from directly hitting the feedhorn cover. Personally, I would drill a hole after setting the skew rather than have water stream on the shade and RF shadow a portion of the reflector during heavy rains.

The C1-PLL LNBF does not run hot. The cooling fins simply increase performance by providing increased thermal dissipation. The cooler an LNBF is operated, the higher the performance!

Last edited:
Colder the better. Few years ago I read a neat article about a guy using liquid nitrogen to cool his lnb for even better performance. Home made dish to, huge one.

UDL

Klaus Schumacher video is here:

Grab it before it disappears once again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)