New QARL-2424 Actuator and Motorola DSR-922-limits problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TxDoc

Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Texas
New QARL-3624 Actuator and Motorola DSR-922-limits problem

The DSR-922 is not new, but the QARL-3624 is. I have replaced the actuators before, but have encountered a problem that I have never seen and cannot work around.

My limits, East and West, cannot be changed. I cannot do it manually by moving the actuator in and out-while not connected to the dish, itself and I cannot seem to power in and out. I repeatedly get the "you have reached the limits of the dish movement". The old motor and new one are both 36 volt.

The East and West limits are the same as the dish's position.

How do I fix this? Thanks for the time and help.
progress.gif

On the 922, are you using the Options - Change System Settings - Change Installation Settings - Set Limits (Options, 6, 4, 3)? Is the dish moving and changing the dish limits when you press the arrows? Good luck.

The sequence of 6-4-3, etc., is where I am stuck at. My dish position is say, 3422. My east and west limits are both 3422. I cannot move the dish to change them. I get an error message of "dish is at its limit". Not sure how to override or delete the current settings. The arm is not connected to the dish. It is not fully retracted or extended.

Are you sure the actuator is working? If it don't move it gives you that message. I would try putting 12 volts from a battery charger to the actuator to see if it moves. You can also check that when you tell it to move on the receiver you should be getting 24-36v for a second at M1 & M2 before it gets jack error. There's another test to test the sensor but I would check those two things first.

I only had time today to take the actuator off and check it.

I took the actuator off. Took a 12 volt battery jumper and placed wires in the M1M2 connections. I can manually run the actuator arm in and out.

From here on out, should I have the actuator with wires connected to it and the actuator connected to the dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts