New receiver=new satellite dish?

d Brandon b

Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
I currently have a Dish 625 (2 room DVR SD) and an older receiver (1 room, not DVR, SD). I am planning on replacing the old receiver with a ViP 622 for 2 rooms, leaving me with a total of 2 receivers for 4 rooms (one HD). A customer service representative told me that it would cost $100 for installation and the ViP 622 receiver. Is it possible that I would need a new receiver for the HD receiver, and if so would that be included in the $100 receiver/installation price? If it isn't included how much do you think it will cost for a new dish? Thanks for the help.

I don't think they'll charge extra for a new dish, if one is needed. Installation, Dish, simple wiring, LNBs, all included.

Welcome to our group.

What is everyone paying for the upgrade? I'm on a 625, want to go to 622 or maybe 722. The website seems to indicate $150 for 622 and $200 for 722, but I'm hoping to pay less. I work so much that I haven't had a chance to call them.

project86 i got an upgrade to a 722 for free instalation and reciver but ill be on 24 monh commiment all i did was call them and tell them i was thinking of going to the other place cause they had more HD content and dish did not have any new hd channels and if they would of came out with new channels i would have upgraded to a 722 and well csr told me that her boss can give me the 722 and installation for free if i stay... so i did.... and they going to come and install it today..... freeeee is always good but i hate that commitment thing my bill is only going to go up 8 dollars for fees...

I got an email from Dish stating that there equipment had determined that I was receiving a low signal strength, The email stated that they would come out and fix it for free. I called Dish and they sent out a tech and he said that not only was my signal strength low, but my dish was not properly grounded. They wanted to move the dish from the front of my house on the eve around to the side by the electric meter so it could be grounded properly. We never liked it on the front anyway. They ran new wiring (very neatly and better than before). They installed a new dish 500 using my old twin lnb and a new dish 500 pointing at 61.5 with a new single lnb. All for no charge. MY signal strength is above 100 on all three sats on my 811 and above 50 on my 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts