New Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Berniej

Original poster
Jul 19, 2020
Ohio
Yesterday I finally was able to order an H24 HD receiver from AT&T, they tried for month to get me a DVR Genie. I resisted and hope I receive the H24.
No one has been in my house for months even my kids and grandkids. They said I could self activate it on line. I went to web site and can not find where i can do this. Can some one please assist me in locating where it is? any printed instructions would be helpful as I am technology challenged.

Thanks,
Bernie

Yesterday I finally was able to order an H24 HD receiver from AT&T, they tried for month to get me a DVR Genie. I resisted and hope I receive the H24.
No one has been in my house for months even my kids and grandkids. They said I could self activate it on line. I went to web site and can not find where i can do this. Can some one please assist me in locating where it is? any printed instructions would be helpful as I am technology challenged.

Thanks,
Bernie
Do you have an existing account ?
If so, Yes, you can activate it online ...

IF you do not already have an account, chances are they will want to send someone out.

They will place dish and all cabling and recvr for you, if its a new account.

If its an existing account and you already have a current dish/ lnb set up, installation should be pretty straight forward.

Once its all set up, go to your Directv account, go to My Account, My Equipment, Activate Equipment ...

Thanks for your response. I have been with Direct TV since it came out. I had a new Slimline dish and 5 LNB installed years ago. Its not a swim but have the item to make it SWM. I understand that the H24 will work on either a SWM or NON, is that correct?
I haver gone to ww.att.com and do not see " Once its all set up, go to your Directv account, go to My Account, My Equipment, Activate Equipment ...

This is what I do see. I have been all over this website for days and can see nothing that says active equipment.
I
IMG_3728.PNG

Thanks for your response. I have been with Direct TV since it came out. I had a new Slimline dish and 5 LNB installed years ago. Its not a swim but have the item to make it SWM. I understand that the H24 will work on either a SWM or NON, is that correct?
I haver gone to ww.att.com and do not see " Once its all set up, go to your Directv account, go to My Account, My Equipment, Activate Equipment ...

This is what I do see. I have been all over this website for days and can see nothing that says active equipment.
IView attachment 147364
Hmmm ...
Don't know for sure ...

Heres what I see ...

Thanks again!!!

WOW, very different than mine.
Are you going into att.com ? That is what im using.

I received the H24 today and in the package it says once its hooked up go to att.com/activatetv that does not work either to get activated.

On another point. I have a non swim slimline 5 LNB Dish. I understand that the H24 can be used on swim or NON swim dishes is that correct? I have the items to make a swim if absolutley necessary.

Go BUCKEYES

Thanks,
Bernie

Thanks again!!!

WOW, very different than mine.
Are you going into att.com ? That is what im using.

I received the H24 today and in the package it says once its hooked up go to att.com/activatetv that does not work either to get activated.

On another point. I have a non swim slimline 5 LNB Dish. I understand that the H24 can be used on swim or NON swim dishes is that correct? I have the items to make a swim if absolutley necessary.

Go BUCKEYES

Thanks,
Bernie
Before we go any further, How many recvrs do you have that your planning to use in this set up ?

Yes, the H24 can be used as a Non SWM recvr.

Why are you avoiding a Genie ?

I plan to use the old H21 in basement until it quits and the H24 will be in great room.

At my age I don't accept change well, I don't record movies so just want the basic. So have no need or want for genie.

I will try the Account Overview tomorrow, did not try that. Have you tried it?

Bernie

I plan to use the old H21 in basement until it quits and the H24 will be in great room.

At my age I don't accept change well, I don't record movies so just want the basic. So have no need or want for genie.

I will try the Account Overview tomorrow, did not try that. Have you tried it?

Bernie
Have I tried it ?
Yes, thats how I found it ..... when our screens didn't show the same earlier.

Thanks. Is there any advantage if I was to change my 5 non SWM Slimline LNB with a SWM 3 LNB would it work for both my H21 and new H24? Would I have to re-align my dish at all?
If you were me I am not a techy would you leave as is and USE BCC for both receivers with splitter?

Thanks. Is there any advantage if I was to change my 5 non SWM Slimline LNB with a SWM 3 LNB would it work for both my H21 and new H24? Would I have to re-align my dish at all?
If you were me I am not a techy would you leave as is and USE BCC for both receivers with splitter?
Personally, I would change it over to the SWM LNB, its what everyone is using now ...
However, you would need a Power Inserter (PI) at that point I think ...
This is where it gets a bit tricky, because your going to some of the new tech, but not all of it ...

Hey guys, Jump in here ...

If he switches to the new SWM LNB, he needs a PI ... even if he has no genie equipment, to run power to the new LNB, right ?

The H24 will work with the SWM, I believe the H21 will as well.

Bernie,
If you go with the newer SWM and you have a PI, go ahead ....
Otherwise, you can stay with what you have now and it will also work.

The deal with the SWM stuff is it allows you to only need 1 wire from Dish to splitter or PI or recvr ... depending on your set up.
Thats 1 advantage.

Both the H21 and H24 work with swm, and he would need a power inserter. And use only one run from the dish to a Directv approved splitter. No need to realign the dish.

There is no advantage to switching, if everything is working there's no reason to touch anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If something breaks then maybe you'll want to take the plunge then to simplify your setup a bit and make it current but unless you like to spend money and do work that doesn't benefit you I wouldn't bother with it right now.

Easier to just get a BBC and plug and play than get a SWM PI and a splitter and have to go install the LNBF and splitter.

Also, it may be just me, but it feels like non-SWM setup's change channels a little faster to me...

All good points Bernie ...
6 of 1 or half dozen of the other ...
Like Slice said, not much of an advantage unless you WANT to change over ...
I think D* may send you a few BBC's if you call and ask.

All good points Bernie ...
6 of 1 or half dozen of the other ...
Like Slice said, not much of an advantage unless you WANT to change over ...
I think D* may send you a few BBC's if you call and ask.

I think it would be worth paying $5 or whatever eBay asks for one rather than deal with the hassle of calling, but that's just me.

• Haha
Reactions: TheTechGuru
I think it would be worth paying $5 or whatever eBay asks for one rather than deal with the hassle of calling, but that's just me.
D* is easier for me to call than dealing with ebay ...

I probably have a few sitting around the house if I look ....

Hey Bernie, where in Ohio are you ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts