New Receivers for moving 36" actuator on 12 ft dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
Hello, I've been reading through the forums and can't answer my question via search, sorry if this is covered somewhere here.. Can someone please link me to info on new receivers that can move a 36" actuator on a 12 ft. mesh dish polar mount..
I bought a 922 4dtv but it is not good, doesn't save the sat info properly, and I really am not necessarily looking for 4dtv... So I bought a Toshiba TRX2200 on Ebay...the guy sends it without a remote....(SHEEEUCKS) for lack of a better word..
Are there newer receivers that have parts available and remotes if needed that can move a dish around??? Just a simple mover box of some sort??? Certainly there had to be something out there that came along after the Motorola and Toshiba packages..Thanks for your help in advance

Hello, I've been reading through the forums and can't answer my question via search, sorry if this is covered somewhere here.. Can someone please link me to info on new receivers that can move a 36" actuator on a 12 ft. mesh dish polar mount..
I bought a 922 4dtv but it is not good, doesn't save the sat info properly, and I really am not necessarily looking for 4dtv... So I bought a Toshiba TRX2200 on Ebay...the guy sends it without a remote....(SHEEEUCKS) for lack of a better word..
Are there newer receivers that have parts available and remotes if needed that can move a dish around??? Just a simple mover box of some sort??? Certainly there had to be something out there that came along after the Motorola and Toshiba packages..Thanks for your help in advance

I hope this helps Achebee and welcome to Sataellite guys
To move a bud
Vbox vs gbox

http://www.satelliteguys.us/general...rum/47315-need-remote-toshiba-trx-2220-a.html

Just read the above link, trying to find a remote that will work to program your trx-2220 might still be possible? C-Sat button and re-adjust sat memory. I have a trx-1500 and many years back I brought an IR remote for a TRX-120 to use to save the UHF remote. It worked for sometime until it was left on top of a toaster oven and melted. I just have the UHF and some buttons do not work well.

Has anyone found a remote that will program a satellite manually on a TRX-2220?

I'd read quite a few problems with the then currently available Vbox IV, and V.
So, when the Gbox 3000 was reviewed, I was impressed enough to buy one.

Have little info on the Vbox VI.
However, I don't think it does the double-count trick the Gbox 3000 does, so I'm not really interested.

I hope this helps Achebee and welcome to Sataellite guys
To move a bud
Vbox vs gbox

Thanks PH for the links... answers my questions...I really need the servo control for skew so it looks like the old stuff is still my best bet, however the GBoxes and VBoxes are worth a shot.. I had always skimmed over the data on those at the shops, as I thought they were only for smaller dishes.. I prefer my lnb's as opposed to lnbf's on the big stuff...I have several other dishes with lnbf's to play with... Trying to get this BUD up n running with the most practical setup for what I need. thanks again for the links I like these forums alot, have been reading a lot, usually keep my mouth shut... what a different environment here than it is at other forums where everyone is flaming the next guy, and a lot of show off's mouthing off... this is just plain straight forward around here, and a nice place to be, thanks for your help, keep up the good work, HB

http://www.satelliteguys.us/general...rum/47315-need-remote-toshiba-trx-2220-a.html

Just read the above link, trying to find a remote that will work to program your trx-2220 might still be possible? C-Sat button and re-adjust sat memory. I have a trx-1500 and many years back I brought an IR remote for a TRX-120 to use to save the UHF remote. It worked for sometime until it was left on top of a toaster oven and melted. I just have the UHF and some buttons do not work well.

Has anyone found a remote that will program a satellite manually on a TRX-2220?

Thanks WHnO... I may still be in the game with that receiver..I'll post as soon as I have found something that works I am thinking of starting another thread concerning the TRX models and their blasters... I am going to fiddle around and see what I can come up with, thanks for the link HB

I'd read quite a few problems with the then currently available Vbox IV, and V.
So, when the Gbox 3000 was reviewed, I was impressed enough to buy one.

Have little info on the Vbox VI.
However, I don't think it does the double-count trick the Gbox 3000 does, so I'm not really interested.

Looks like a decent box for sure..I really wish they had a model that controlled skew as well, then I think these guys could corner a new emerging market on these bigger dishes as well as the smaller dishes... I'll have to drop Sadoun a line over there and see if he can talk to the GBOX designers about that.. I'm going to get one to play with for now..
thanks for the link, HB

I have a Harmony 890 remote it works with 15 devices I have my DSR-922,Diamond 9000HD, Coolsat 5000, Viewsat Ultra, TV,DVD, VCR,Stereo, all programmed into the remote. One push of a button turns ON/OFF electronics that you program it. Mine also has the RF wireless extender so you can put all of your electronics out of site.

Gbox v3000:

Looks like a decent box for sure..I really wish they had a model that controlled skew as well, then I think these guys could corner a new emerging market on these bigger dishes as well as the smaller dishes... I'll have to drop Sadoun a line over there and see if he can talk to the GBOX designers about that.. I'm going to get one to play with for now..
thanks for the link, HB
I didn't have a lot of the older hardware, so it was easier for me to decide to not support servos.

I wonder in your reading, did you find the project one of our members came up with to control the V/H servo from the voltage on the LNB line?
If the idea appeals to you, building your own might be a solution you'd consider.

We'll find you the thread if you haven't already seen it.

Achebee glad you found this site and you are getting your BUD. Did you find one? and which type? this is a web site i have used and they got all kinds of remotes and gi 920 & 922 receivers and larger dishes.let me know if this helps.
Remote Controls :: IMPAKT...

Thanks PH for the links... answers my questions...I really need the servo control for skew so it looks like the old stuff is still my best bet, however the GBoxes and VBoxes are worth a shot.. I had always skimmed over the data on those at the shops, as I thought they were only for smaller dishes.. I prefer my lnb's as opposed to lnbf's on the big stuff...I have several other dishes with lnbf's to play with... Trying to get this BUD up n running with the most practical setup for what I need. thanks again for the links I like these forums alot, have been reading a lot, usually keep my mouth shut... what a different environment here than it is at other forums where everyone is flaming the next guy, and a lot of show off's mouthing off... this is just plain straight forward around here, and a nice place to be, thanks for your help, keep up the good work, HB

Look closely at your system before you buy a G or VBox.
These boxes may not supply enough current to turn your 12 foot dish. If memory serves me correctly, these boxes are good for about 3 amps, and a 10 foot dish is the maximum recommended dish size. Check this info before you buy.

Thread servo from LNB line???

I didn't have a lot of the older hardware, so it was easier for me to decide to not support servos.

I wonder in your reading, did you find the project one of our members came up with to control the V/H servo from the voltage on the LNB line?
If the idea appeals to you, building your own might be a solution you'd consider.

We'll find you the thread if you haven't already seen it.

I'm looking for that thread, and can't seem to find it....If one of you can link me to it, that would be a big favor..
Thanks again all of you for the useful input here...HB

Good advice

Look closely at your system before you buy a G or VBox.
These boxes may not supply enough current to turn your 12 foot dish. If memory serves me correctly, these boxes are good for about 3 amps, and a 10 foot dish is the maximum recommended dish size. Check this info before you buy.

Good point, I was ready to spring for the G but I will do some other reading before I go for anything.. thanks, HB

Great link here for receivers and remotes

Achebee glad you found this site and you are getting your BUD. Did you find one? and which type? this is a web site i have used and they got all kinds of remotes and gi 920 & 922 receivers and larger dishes.let me know if this helps.
Remote*Controls*::*IMPAKT...

Thanks for the link... I am spending time in there today looking around again...Great link!! I ordered a Harmony 890 as per the review above, and also found a remote for the 2200 at Fleabay... Only one left on earth.. I had to bid against curators from the Smithsonian for this remote..... yuk yuk ( $10 buy it now.!!)
Anyway, I am hoping to get the Toshiba on track again as my 922 folded this weekend.... sheesh... seems like it never ends!!!

servo control from LNB voltage:

I'm looking for that thread, and can't seem to find it....If one of you can link me to it, that would be a big favor..
Thanks again all of you for the useful input here...HB
Here ya go: Polarotor Servo Controller Design
So, I'm not recommending the idea, just passing it on. ;)

ANOLE Thanks for the link...Looks like it's doable...I will find a way to get it rolling and post back for everyone to see.. Maybe we could design and sell a box that stears and skews, there has to be a huge market for something like that for CBanders, not just North and South America but Europe, etc...
and not just Cbanders, anyone using a BUD to move any lnb around would be interested in something that works as oppossed to the the other options...
I support and subscribe to 4DTV but there is a lot more going on, and those older receivers are outdated and tough to find parts for...
Thanks again for the link, I'm going to play with this asap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts