new roof

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I am having a new roof installed and since they will have to take down my dish setup I was wondering if this is the time to upgrade to HD.
If I upgrade does anyone know if the free installation will take care of reinstalling, or adding new HD dish be covered for me?
I have the warranty if I don't go the HD route will the warranty cover me for the $29.00 charge?

i do know that the dhpp will not cover the re-install of the dish
because dish will consider this a cosmetic install not a tech issue so it will not cover to re-install

You will most likely need a new dish if you go HD, so yes, the installation would be included and free. If you already have one of the 1000 series dishes, then I am not sure.

You will most likely need a new dish if you go HD, so yes, the installation would be included and free. If you already have one of the 1000 series dishes, then I am not sure.
Right now I have a dish 500 and another pointed at 65.??.
The second dish was needed to pick up a KY PBS station.

When I upgraded to HD, the installer had no problem throwing my original dish on the deck we had just built. I took it off the temporary spot for him and gave him a hand running some cable. It only cost him an extra 3-4 minutes to throw the dish back up and realign it.

I guess it'll depend on the installer. You get a good decent guy, they probably won't mind.

You might call some local resellers see what kind of deal you can get on upgrading to HD.

When I upgraded to HD back in February I was in a similar situation. I had two Dish500s, one pointed at 110/119 and the other with a single LNB pointed at 61.5 (originally a side-slot dish pointed at 148). Since I already had two dishes they did not give me a Dish1000 when I leased my 622. I ended up repointing my side-slot dish to 129 myself. When I got a new roof on my house last week I had to take that dish down, putting it on a tripod while the roofers did their stuff. When they were done I remounted the dish on the roof using the same holes and a large quantity of silicone sealant. If you make a note of the direction the dish was pointing originally and make sure that the mast is level (use a bullseye level) then the process is relatively easy. I even gained a couple of points in signal strength over the prior installation when I re-peaked the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)