New Samsung with RVU

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tfp108

Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'm covering something that has already been discussed.

I saw in the Best Buy ad this weekend that they had the new Samsung UN46D6000SF and remembered reading that the D6000 was going to be one of the TVs that Samsung partnered with Directv with for RVU. I don't have MRV yet, but I wanted to get it set up but I don't want to have to buy another box, or wire in another TV. I remembered reading that this new RVU was going to make it so I didn't need to do that, that the TV would work with my Directv over my home network.

The only thing keeping me from getting the MRV is I keep being told that I have to connect all my receivers together in a continuous loop, and I don't want to wire that nightmare. I have a H20 and a HR21, but I don't know more about them without looking at them.

I guess my question is, should I wait before I buy a receiver for this new TV if its supposedly going to work without one someday, and is it true if I want the MRV that I have to connect everything together on a continuous loop and then out to the dish?

I think RVU will only work with particular model receivers and the only current one is not currently out.

"Wiring for MRV" is converting over to SWM which is the easiest way to wire a system.
(Think wiring for cable)
1 wire in and split it to each TV
There is a little more to it then that but not much.

H20 although it is SWM compatible it is not MRV compatible.
MRV compatible receivers are
HR20,21,22,23,24
H21,22,23,24
R22

And of course future models coming soon will also be MRV compatible.

To answer the continuous part of your question. That's wrong. All that is needed is that the receivers are all connected to the coax line (DECA install) or to your local network. No loop or daisy chaining required.

RVU is part of the current mrv implementation but since we have not had any to play with I cant tell you if the dtv box is going to see the dvr as a server as it should. As it going to be missing other thigns the tv is going to need to work as an rvu client.

One thing to keep in mind is all current receivers only have 1 output (well many out puts but all play the same thing) and all HD receivers have no coax out which to my understanding is what RVU will work off.

This being said, I honestly believe you are trying to achieve something that is not a possibility.
Do you still want a TV with RVU capabilities? Sure, if it doesn't cost you more.
Otherwise D* will have a small RVU converter that can easily be hidden.

RVU will work off of coax or eithernet. Once the HMC30 which should be the RVU DVR the tv will work or at least that what I have seen in videos.

RVU will work off of coax or eithernet. Once the HMC30 which should be the RVU DVR the tv will work or at least that what I have seen in videos.

With ethernet too?
That is pretty cool.

Of course, on an installer note, it will be of little use unless they carry cat5 or 6 as few houses are wired for it.

I just hope it can be diaplexed some how.

Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to wait on the TV a little longer, with summer coming up I won't be inside much anyways. I just wanted to be able to watch recorded shows wherever I wanted to, but was told it was really cumbersome to do. I think the box they connected when I moved was the SWM box. It plugs in to my wall and only one cable goes in to my DVR. The installer told me if I un-plugged it then I would lose TV on both receivers. I wish Best Buy still sold boxes, I want to get new equipment but don't want to gamble with what D* will send me.

I need to spend some time reading all these forums. You guys have tons more knowledge on the subject than I knew existed, and I hate being an un-educated consumer so its time to educate.

You can still buy receivers from retailers, off ebay and from other online retailers.
However, it will still be leased not owned.

The "SWM box" you are referring to is actually a "SWM Power Inserter"
It powers the SWM LNB on the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)