New Setup for 4 TVs only 3 work Please help a newbie

rcaryl

Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Hi,

I recently purchased the Dish Network system for my house. The company did a botch job installation if you ask me but, it is besides the point.

When I had them install it I wanted 2 receivers for 4 TVs. However in the house only 3 TVs were present. I have one DVR running 2 rooms and one regular receiver running the other 2 rooms. When the installer left there was a cable dangling in my room where there was another TV to go to, however it does not work. I read the manual and tried to set the modulator. It is at Cable on station 73. I've tried changing it to Air and other stations, however it still does not work.

The TV works, as it was just recently hooked to regular cable at my old home. I've tried everything, on the dish site and nothing works.

Please help!

Thank you

Hi,

I recently purchased the Dish Network system for my house. The company did a botch job installation if you ask me but, it is besides the point.

When I had them install it I wanted 2 receivers for 4 TVs. However in the house only 3 TVs were present. I have one DVR running 2 rooms and one regular receiver running the other 2 rooms. When the installer left there was a cable dangling in my room where there was another TV to go to, however it does not work. I read the manual and tried to set the modulator. It is at Cable on station 73. I've tried changing it to Air and other stations, however it still does not work.

The TV works, as it was just recently hooked to regular cable at my old home. I've tried everything, on the dish site and nothing works.

Please help!

Thank you
Your installis under warranty for 90 days..No charge to you for ANYTHING
Call Dish and get a tech out there to fix the problem..That is the best solution.Why should you as a customer try to fix it?..If an electricien installed a ceiling fan in your home and it did not work, would you attemtp to fix that?/> no. Of course not..You'd call them back and have them fix the problems...Why is your satellite system any differernt?

I'm gonna assume you have a 625 (DVR) and a 322. Go to the 322 and press:
Menu - 6 - 1 - 5. What is TV2 out set to? Let's say it's Cable 75. You need to go to the tv and select cable and tune to channel 75.

If that doesn't work, try to trace the cable and see if the cable is even connected to the 322.

Your installis under warranty for 90 days..No charge to you for ANYTHING
Call Dish and get a tech out there to fix the problem..That is the best solution.Why should you as a customer try to fix it?..If an electricien installed a ceiling fan in your home and it did not work, would you attemtp to fix that?/> no. Of course not..You'd call them back and have them fix the problems...Why is your satellite system any differernt?

Well as I said it was a pretty messy install, I'd rather have done it myself. Thats why I'm here, I'd rather do it then call them back to screw something else up.

Well as I said it was a pretty messy install, I'd rather have done it myself. Thats why I'm here, I'd rather do it then call them back to screw something else up.
Good question..But I think I can offer some insight...Most customers do not know the difference. So they don't ask questions about marginal work...
Customers should be warned not to sign off on the work unless they are satisfied.
I write a canned statment on every w/o that reads the customer approves of the location and mounting of the dish, routing of cables, drill pens if applicable and especially the location of the recivers and their respective connections...I almost got burned once by a customer who delayed my install by an hour trying to figure out where he wanted the the EQ to go...Next day he calls our office and says his wife wants two of the boxes in other rooms. We said no dice. We're not doing it for free. Never heard back form the guy..Whew!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)