Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This is from www.getsiriusinfo.com

A "Super Shuffle" coming Sept 29th...
Not only with the line up get all mixed up.. But a Jack-FM like station starts on Sirius..
The Full updated lineup will be posted soon.. I would like to thank Jeff at Sirius Backstage for letting me share the info he got today in NYC. Make sure you check out www.siriusbackstage.com, tonight there also will be at chat over in the backstage join in tonight..

New Channels:
Super Shuffle (SIRIUS Super Mix)
the coffee house (Acoustic Coffee House Music)
Revolution (Christian Rock)
spa73 (New Age)

New Talk Channels:
Howard Stern Channel 100
Howard Stern Channel 101
Martha Stewart Living Radio (How-To For Living)
Lime (Healthy Living with a Twist)
SIRIUS Advice (Call-in Advice Talk)
Christian Talk

Renamed Channels:
Soul Revue > Soul Town
SIRIUS Talk Central > SIRIUS Stars

Deleted Channels:
Remix
Wax
Slow Jamz
Swing Street

All Traffic Cities get their own Traffic Channel.
Some stations are moving around.. details soon..

Remove Remix to add another stinking rock channel. House coffice mix acustic crap. How many is there now like 17. Glad I don't pay for Sirius and get it on Dish Network otherwise I would have cancelled my subscription like that. The only smart move is turning The Strobe into a classic dance station.

Looks like they have also yanked "folk town". I like the additions of Coffee House accoustic, and the new age channel, but don't like the idea of taking out two genres of music--big band and folk. I guess they plan on combining them with other channels.

reddice said:
Remove Remix to add another stinking rock channel. House coffice mix acustic crap. How many is there now like 17. Glad I don't pay for Sirius and get it on Dish Network otherwise I would have cancelled my subscription like that. The only smart move is turning The Strobe into a classic dance station.

It's so funny. Boatloads of channels and people still bitch about the content of channels they don't even listen to. God forbid there is someone out there who is Excited about the Coffee House channel.

With that said... the more rock the better. :D

I predict in 5 years 40 channels of rock. 2 channels of dance. 5 channels of pop. I like some rock, the older stuff not the new junk but it has to come to a point when enough is enough when they remove channels in other formats with bairly any channels to add channels in a format that already has everything and more.

It's great when I happen upon an old ramones classic, but the point of satellite is choice that FM radio doesn't offer...Last I checked there's still tons of rock on FM, so I can't support getting rid of the niche groups. They aren't the core subscriber, but that's not the point. Removing one niche channel for another niche channel is just a vice-president trying to look busy to justify his salary...

datwell said:
I just want Sirius to keep The Rolling Stones channel!!
--Doug

Hearing ya there. 99 is awesome!

Though it might get a little old. They should rotate 99 as a channel dedicated to some huge band every month or so. I'd listen to that.

I might have to get mine working again or replace it.

It has been under the seat for 2-3 months in a vegatative state after the screen pixels went bad and the unit quit working on several of the exceptionally hot summer days. :tombstone

Are there any Promo's for current subbers that want to trash out an Audiovox PNP2? (Or do I have to wait for my year to expire?)

They need a guitar gods channel...

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES THIS GOING OVER WELL FOR THEM?

Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Johnson
Eric Clapton
Nugent
George Lynch
John Petrucci
Zakk Wylde
B.B. King
Brad Gillis
Yngwie Malmsteen
Santana
Satriani
Vai
Brian Setzer

I could go on forever.

Amen, brother.

Duane Allman
Johnny Winter
Albert King
Freddy (Freddie) King
Melvin Taylor
Michael Bloomfield
Dickey Betts
Jeff Beck
Otis Rush
Muddy Waters
T-Bone Walker
Peter Green
Lucky Peterson
Buddy Guy
Hubert Sumlin
Ike Turner
Jimmie Lee Vaughan
Albert Collins

The list can go on forever.

Diamond Jim said:
Amen, brother.

Duane Allman
Johnny Winter
Albert King
Freddy (Freddie) King
Melvin Taylor
Michael Bloomfield
Dickey Betts
Jeff Beck
Otis Rush
Muddy Waters
T-Bone Walker
Peter Green
Lucky Peterson
Buddy Guy
Hubert Sumlin
Ike Turner
Jimmie Lee Vaughan
Albert Collins

The list can go on forever.

EXACTLY!

I just got the update flyer from Sirius in the mail today.

Not to mention the Dish Network Sirius 6000's have been reporting 'moving to' or 'no longer available after 9/29' all week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts