New Sirius Channels

Purogamer said:
It's great when I happen upon an old ramones classic, but the point of satellite is choice that FM radio doesn't offer...Last I checked there's still tons of rock on FM, so I can't support getting rid of the niche groups. They aren't the core subscriber, but that's not the point. Removing one niche channel for another niche channel is just a vice-president trying to look busy to justify his salary...

In the area that I am, there are no rock channels on FM.. which is the reason I picked up Sirius to begin with..

All of the channels around here are hip-hop/rap, pop (which might as well be the same thing), talk, and college... no rock channels at all.

The last rock channel around (FNX Radio), changed to sports talk about 2 years ago, and therefore lost 90% of its listener base.

Since then, I have gone to sirius, and I havent listened to FM since.

One thing I will note is.. Channels dedicated to a single artist are really bad. Why in the world would I want to listen to an Elvis/Hendrix/Stones/etc channel? Make a channel dedicated to their genre, and I would be interested, but narrowing it down to a single artist and their covers, is a bit TOO much.

ultatryon said:
One thing I will note is.. Channels dedicated to a single artist are really bad. Why in the world would I want to listen to an Elvis/Hendrix/Stones/etc channel? Make a channel dedicated to their genre, and I would be interested, but narrowing it down to a single artist and their covers, is a bit TOO much.

Amen, I could not agree more!

I disagree, while you wouldn't sit there listening to a artist-specific channel for hours, it's nice to turn it on when you want to hear something from an artist you like. Sometimes I can't find anything good on the rock channels (or 6 of them are playing pink floyd at the same time...), so it'd be nice to know I can have at least 1 channel with something good on it...

Oh, It's not "Howard stern channel 100", it's Douche 100, let's try to be correct =)>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)