New Sirius Lineup July 7th, 2004!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Starting on July 7th Sirius will be introducing a total of 10 new channels.

The new channels include 5 new music channels

* ELVIS RADIO (Channel 13)
* Undergroup Garage (Channel 25)
* BoomBox (Channel 61)
* Area 63 (Channel 63)
* Vacation (Channel 93)

The above channels will also be available to Dish Network Subscribers at no extra charge!

Plus Sirius will be introducing 5 new talk stations (some of these are already available on Sirius but they are calling them new so I guess we will call them new too)

* Sirius NFL Radio (Channel 124)
* Sirius Patriot (Channel 141)
* Air America (Channel 144)
* Maxium Radio (Channel 145)
* Hispanic Talk (Channel 163)

Below is a new channel list which will be mailed to all Sirius subscribers (although not Dish Network customers)

The changes come on July 7th!

Attachments

• sirius7704.jpg
    sirius7704.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 668
I still don't understand it...."All Elvis, All The Time"?? :rolleyes:

Glad to see that the agreement between Sirius & E* is for adding the new music channels that Sirius launches, onto Dish. Now, if they would start adding some of the TALK stations, I'd be smiling ear to ear...

I'm looking forward to the Elvis Channel since he is the greatest entertainer of all time. He makes more money dead than the live entertainers. . His music never grows old. Music as we know it may have not been formed without Elvis Presley going out on a limb to see what the people would accept. Go Sirius and Graceland!!!!!!

If they started adding the talk programming there would be no reason really to subscribe to Sirius. :)

I say if they carry an all Elvis channel they need an All Beatles Channel. :D

I just subscribed to Sirius today and the guy helping me out was telling me about the lineup. He said the exact same thing as you Scott about the Beatles channel! Still playing around with the setup and comparing to my XM. Time to go have some fun!

With the Elvis Channel playing at Graceland, and Sirius radios being sold at Graceland, there is quite an opportunity for sub growth. There is no such place to market a Beatles channel, so I wouldn't expect it to be coming anytime soon.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If they started adding the talk programming there would be no reason really to subscribe to Sirius. :)

I dissagree - for me I'm on the fence about subscribing to Sirius because they don't have all of the channels.

It seems silly to subscribe based on Dish's offering and then having to schlep the reciever in and out of the house to the car and setup antennas etc. If I had the full range on Dish I'd get Sirius for the car in a heartbeat.

They should at least make the Sirius talk shows and other stations that Dish does not offer available for purchase.

Does the NFL radio channel have live games? If so then a 522 could come in handy big time. You could be watching TV2 and have the sound of TV1 be the Sirius NFL channel. If these are different games, you get to watch 1 game and listen to another. It's not Sunday ticket, but it's also not $200.

The NFL radio channel will not be on Dish.

Sirius however will carry ALL NFL Games this season (again these will not be available to Dish Subscribers.)

BTW The Entire NFL Season on Sirius is FREE with your Sirius Subscription!

jeffwtux said:
DTV must not be too happy about that. They pay $400 million/year for NFL Sunday ticket.

Do they pay that, or receive that in revenues?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Starting on July 7th Sirius will be introducing a total of 10 new channels.
The new channels include 5 new music channels
* ELVIS RADIO (Channel 13)
* Undergroup Garage (Channel 25)
* BoomBox (Channel 61)
* Area 63 (Channel 63)
* Vacation (Channel 93)

Still no progressive Rock.. But if Area 63 has bands like ozric tentacles, then I'll be slightly more satiated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts