New Slim line at-9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does the new slim line at-9 dish use the same mast foot as the old 100 ton at-9 dish???

I don't understand why the AT9 is considered to be so HUGE and so HEAVY by so many. It's not that big! It's maybe 25% or so bigger than the Phase 3 and about 35lbs.

at 9

I don't understand why the AT9 is considered to be so HUGE and so HEAVY by so many. It's not that big! It's maybe 25% or so bigger than the Phase 3 and about 35lbs.

Have you ever carried one of those big pieces of sh#t up a ladder to a second story roof???? I have, The triple dish I can throw on my shoulder and go up a ladder no prob... THe at-9 you need to hoist up to the roof with a rope.

Have you ever carried one of those big pieces of sh#t up a ladder to a second story roof???? I have, The triple dish I can throw on my shoulder and go up a ladder no prob... THe at-9 you need to hoist up to the roof with a rope.

Why bother with a response, but I understand where you are coming from.

My installer put the base and everything together except the actual dish first, kinda a two part thing, he said it way easier that way.
No it is not located on a 2nd story, just so ya know.
I actually set it up so it could be mounted from the roof (flat), so I can get to it, incase the snow gets too heavy, it usually does that a few times a year, mainly the real wet stuff will build up and knock the signal out, of course I have not been thru a winter yet with this dish.

Jimbo

Not to nitpick, but isn't the slimline an AU-9? Anyway, I always kinda thought guys with Dewalts strapped to their ass call it a Ka/Ku, and the guys with a Lazyboy strapped to their ass call it AT-whatever.

Not to nitpick, but isn't the slimline an AU-9? Anyway, I always kinda thought guys with Dewalts strapped to their ass call it a Ka/Ku, and the guys with a Lazyboy strapped to their ass call it AT-whatever.

They are slightly different designs. the slimline is a bit shorter and a bit wider than the AT-9 and has a different configuration for the LNB's slimeline is a molded LNB set up, at-9 is a 2 piece LNB set up.

The Slimeline is slightly lighter, 5lbs I think I heard.
At-9 is more like a square, slimline is more like a rectangle.

btw, always take the DeWalt and the LaZyboy !!!

Jimbo

Oh, like a Superdish 500 is any smaller or multiple dishes for E* is better way to go...
Rick

Owner

Not all Slimline "feet" and masts are the same. Probrand International is manufacturing a foot that has a different hole pattern than other Slimline manufacturers. They are the only company that I am aware of that has a different foot and mast.

Not all Slimline "feet" and masts are the same. Probrand International is manufacturing a foot that has a different hole pattern than other Slimline manufacturers. They are the only company that I am aware of that has a different foot and mast.

Is it 2" like the other ones?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)