Status
Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I have seen several rumors floating around that HR10-250s are going to get new software in June. Can anyone actually confirm this?

Thanks,
Ted

From what I have been told (just a couple days ago)

June isn't going to happen... There is a version, and it is being tested... and it should be coming "soon"..

But a few months ago when I was told June... (which I posted about)...
Doesn't appear to being reached. :(

The good news is, I have multiple confirmed sources that a software update IS being tested, and is just wating it's turn to be finalized and pushed out.

its supposed to make it faster/ add folders in your now playing list to make it more organized.

Sorry for such a rookie question, but......................how would we update our current HR10-250 with the new software (when available)?

The unit will automatically update.... if you have it connected to a phone line.

If it works the way it has in the past... (and there is no reason to expect it wouldn't)

The software will download to the units via SAT.
Then when they "enable" the installation, the next time your unit calls into the servers... the install will "authorize" and the unit will update in the middle of the night.

ebonovic said:
The unit will automatically update.... if you have it connected to a phone line.

If it works the way it has in the past... (and there is no reason to expect it wouldn't)

The software will download to the units via SAT.
Then when they "enable" the installation, the next time your unit calls into the servers... the install will "authorize" and the unit will update in the middle of the night.

Guess I better plug that phone line back in. Is there a timeframe when they expect to implement this?

Not yet... but when it is released..

There is no dobut you will see it all over the Forum boards.

I guess with the delay of the D* HD DVR and them pushing the leftover HR10-250's they finally figured its the right thing to do. Funny, 6-8 months ago this was a "never gonna happen" issue. Hope it does.---Ray

Just got my 250 yesterday, and it is certainly good to hear a software update is on the horizon. This is painfully slow compared to my other SD DirecTivos

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)