New Software OTA Tuning Problem...

golem

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Southern California
Hey guys, I got the new software revision and every ota channel works fine except KNBC (supposed to be 36 mapped to 4) in Los Angeles. Whenever I scan OTA channels, it shows up on RF 36 and 37, and afterwards in the program guide when i tune to channel 4, it either gives me a blank signal or the wrong station (what would be ch 5). I'm betting this is related to the fact that KNBC being detected on two different RF's, has anyone encountered this or know of a work around? (in add/remove channels only one KNBC shows) (also it used to come in fine on my dst3000)

golem said:
Hey guys, I got the new software revision and every ota channel works fine except KNBC (supposed to be 36 mapped to 4) in Los Angeles. Whenever I scan OTA channels, it shows up on RF 36 and 37, and afterwards in the program guide when i tune to channel 4, it either gives me a blank signal or the wrong station (what would be ch 5). I'm betting this is related to the fact that KNBC being detected on two different RF's, has anyone encountered this or know of a work around? (in add/remove channels only one KNBC shows) (also it used to come in fine on my dst3000)

I'd like to help you but I'm not able too since I don't have the latest software. You are one of very few who have it. sh*t if the boxes are getting shipped with the newest software it can't be beta. That would be most stupid. You would figure that the ones with the most experience should get first crack. Not somebody who is green to Voom.

-Chris-

Same issue...

For what it's worth, I am in Los Angeles, had VOOM installed last week, and am having the identical problem...KNBC shows signal strength of 93, but nothing tunes in when I turn to the channel. Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

Different Channel, similar problem

I live in LA too. I seem to be able to get all the ota locals except for KCOP (13-1, 66). When I run the signal-strength test on 66, I get a 97, but when I run the channel scan, it sits on 66 for 5 seconds and moves on without adding KCOP.
I borrowed a buddie's samsung ota tuner, hooked it up to my rig, and it found KCOP just fine (although it detects is 66-1, not 13-1 as I would expect).

Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)