New Software testers (Beta intentional or not), speak up and be counted

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
:yes I am trying to get a feel for who has downloaded software other than 5.6.
If you have downloaded the new software that enables the manual scanning of OTA signals.

Now the important criteria for this inquiry is if you started with the old software that everyone seems to have which is version 5.6 I believe.
And your STB that has downloaded the new software that enables OTA scanning has been in service prior to lets say May 15th I would like for you to chime in and be counted. :)

Like looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! We know they are there but they seem to vanish in the sand like a mirage.

If you are a Voom subscriber, you are an unwilling participant in beta testing their set top box software.

I, like many others are the unwilling recipients of a bad software download that has rendered my (our) boxes worthless. See other threads to verify. Just hope it doesn't hit you.

jbcaro

Zero "NEW" software downloaders and still counting.

rkr0923 said:
not surprised are you lol
there are none!

Wrong, according to Sean. It is his belief the "down loaders" are as numerous as the rumors that perpetuate themselves here on the forum! With that in mind I expect to see HUNDREDS of new software download testimonials posted here in a few hours. :D

Oops! almost forgot:

OK, now that the members of the callused palm club have checked in, Zero "NEW" software down loaders and still counting.

Indy said:
Like looking for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq! We know they are there but they seem to vanish in the sand like a mirage.

They all moved to Syria while we waited around for the UN to check out the two week claim upload for upwards of 4 months.

After a restful night's slumber and my STB in standby, no visit during the night from the down load Fairy!
Sooo....

Indy said:
After a restful night's slumber and my STB in standby, no visit during the night from the down load Fairy!
Sooo....

Indy, don't be too excited about your "inquiry". If I were a beta tester, I wouldn't announce it here either. Think about it.

andrzej said:
Indy, don't be too excited about your "inquiry". If I were a beta tester, I wouldn't announce it here either. Think about it.

I did not limit this or restrict this inquiry to Beta testers. ANYONE who has received the "New" software from a download from the satellite to a Voom STB.

Does this mean all the new installs with the new software already installed are Beta testers? Seems to me the cat is out of the bag at this point and a "do not disclose" addendum would not apply any longer.

A download to a customer who was not asked up front by Voom if they would like to be a Beta tester is not making that customer a Beta tester.

What that action has done is make that Voom customer a the proud new owner of a down loaded version of the software able to respond to my inquiry.

In hindsight I should not have put "Beta" in the thread title.

Zero "NEW" software down loaders and still counting.

Sean, Thanks for editing the title of this thread to illicit a more inclusive response from members. But as all can see this has resulted in not one testimonial to prove your assertions. There are no Voom customers with new software that was obtained by a download from the satellite. I rest my case.

Indy said:
There are no Voom customers with new software that was obtained by a download from the satellite. I rest my case.
Indy, as stated before, the new software has been pushed to Beta-testers. As we can see, no other customers have received it via satellite yet. And if you have ever participated in any Beta programs, you would've known that beta-testing experiences are kept confidential and they are never published in public forums like this one. So, don't expect any Beta testers to "speak up" here.

But if you think the absence of postings in this thread proves your "conspiracy theory" that the new software will not work on existing boxes - you are wrong! You will have your proof once the new software is released to everyone. For now, just rest your case and be patient. ;)

Indy said:
Sooo....
You guys are doing it all wrong! You have to put your stb under your pillow! :D

Ilya said:
Indy, as stated before, the new software has been pushed to Beta-testers. As we can see, no other customers have received it via satellite yet. And if you have ever participated in any Beta programs, you would've known that beta-testing experiences are kept confidential and they are never published in public forums like this one. So, don't expect any Beta testers to "speak up" here.

But if you think the absence of postings in this thread proves your "conspiracy theory" that the new software will not work on existing boxes - you are wrong! You will have your proof once the new software is released to everyone. For now, just rest your case and be patient. ;)

Let us look at the software usability objectively.

look #1

If the software is good enough or should I say tested and reliable enough for ALL THE NEW CUSTOMERS with new installs, then why is the software not good enough for the existing customers with older STB's?

look #2

If the new software is SO BUGGY why is it being installed on ALL THE NEW STB's being installed for new customers? Are they unwitting Beta testers of a suspect software that is not reliable enough for the mases or does their STB have a super gene that makes it immune to the bug?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts