New Software Version S316 for Hopper With Sling is Here

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Software version S316 for Hopper with Sling update is in my Hoppers this morning. Color button Sticky thread is updated. I sure hope the sound delay issue is fixed. I will test it today when I have a chance.

The only solution is I turned off my surround and use my tv speakers. Works fine then. What's new in this version?

I already bypass my A/V receiver and connect direct straight to my TV by HDMI. If I connect my A/V back in the loop my sound will not come back at all if I watch another Hopper and then come back to my primary Hopper to watch a recording unless I do a red button reset.

Haven't got the upgrade yet, but why didn't they fix the audio problem? That really stinks. I got a 7.1 system that's a real hassle to use.

I suspect they haven't fixed the issue because it doesn't affect everyone. I too have a 7.1 system and haven't had any audio issues.
?

I suspect they haven't fixed the issue because it doesn't affect everyone. I too have a 7.1 system and haven't had any audio issues. ?
Yep, I would think you are correct lparsons21. It is probably a tuff problem to troubleshoot. I was hoping the sound issue would go away when the HDMI CES Arc issue was fixed, but no luck. I have sent a PM to the DIRT Dish Software Team asking them about it .

I don't seem to have the delay issue, but very rarely I have no sound at all. 7.1 here also. Onkyo.

If you have a sound issue going through your receiver, please state your model number and who made the unit.

the problem maybe with a particularl unit. If that is the case then it would help dish isolate the problem and push out a fix much quicker.

If you have a sound issue going through your receiver, please state your model number and who made the unit.

the problem maybe with a particularl unit. If that is the case then it would help dish isolate the problem and push out a fix much quicker.

No sound issues.

Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver

I am not connected to my A/V receiver. HDMI cable is connected from HWS to Samsung LED TV, model #UN55D8000. No sound issues until after we watch recordings from another Hopper. When you go back to watch recordings from the local Hopper, five second sound delay when you use the skip forward or the backward button. Red button reset clears up the issue.

I just turned on my bedroom TV (haven't watched it in a while) and a msg appeared about the s/w being updated. But it vanished before I could read more than the first line. I assume there's no way to get that back.

So I checked the s/w version. It's 315.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The format button control in standard definition is still screwed up on the HWS. This worked fine and was messed up at least 2 versions ago. I wonder how long it takes to fix it ?!?

I just noticed it's fixed on the latest regular Hopper update.

The optical sound problem is still there regardless of what AVR you have. The audio drop-out only occurs with HD programming, not with SD.

The best work-around for this DTV software flaw is to press the fast forward button for 1 second or less and then hit the play button.

Last edited:
The optical audio problem is not the fault of anyone's audio receiver. The problem is lack of an optical signal, intermittently. A good way to prove it is (if you feel like crawling around to the back of your Hopper) is to un plug your optical cable when the audio is out, poke open the little door where it plugs into and see if there is a bright red light. If it isn't there or it's dim, it's the Hopper acting up. Kind of a crude trouble shooting technique , but a common sense approach. FIX THIS !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)