New Sony RVU directv LCD hdtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I see that the new Sony R550 series will have the Directv RVU build in but how does this work? Do you just connect to the tv via the coax from the splitter thing to the tv that connects all the directv receivers? Do you use the TV remote and not a directv remote?

Broadband deca, its a black box that connects your setup to the internet.

lols sry raul, didnt see that was you, im sure you know what it does.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I know what it does, I just never heard it called a bbd.

BBC is broadband converter an actually a different adapter. The bbc is used on nonswm setups for HD boxes (excluding the h(r)23 boxes)

The broadband DECA is the box that attaches to a Swm network introducing internet.

Bbd is this
uploadfromtaptalk1364962262327.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BBC is broadband converter an actually a different adapter. The bbc is used on nonswm setups for HD boxes (excluding the h(r)23 boxes)

The broadband DECA is the box that attaches to a Swm network introducing internet.

Bbd is this
View attachment 86533

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Ahh sorry ...

Got things mixed up, to many damn ACRONYMS in this world ... mainly D* and my work.

No body wants to SAY what it is they are talking about anymore.

Had you said CCK, I would have been thinking the right item anyways ... :(

So you still need an additional little box and power outlet. With the small size of the C31's and C41's, why not use that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The cck is to introduce the signal to your home network, that doesnt need to be near the tv itself, i have mine in my reptile room, it could go in an attic or basement if wired thatway. Or near your computer. The benefit to having an rvu tv is the lack of a need for coax to that tv, only hardwired internet.

The cck is to introduce the signal to your home network, that doesnt need to be near the tv itself, i have mine in my reptile room, it could go in an attic or basement if wired thatway. Or near your computer. The benefit to having an rvu tv is the lack of a need for coax to that tv, only hardwired internet.

Now there's something you don't hear every day!

My CCK is in my furnace room. That's where my cable modem, router, switch and voice modem are. It passes through the power inserter which then goes into the garage where the splitters are. Everything is on a UPS in the furnace room (Cept the furnace and water heater of course).

I have Ethernet in all rooms but 2 bedrooms and kitchen.

Isn't the Genie setup that you can connect the network directly to the receiver and it will run the whole swm network for internet? Or is this an unsupported setup?
I know that is how mine is hooked up and it works fine.

As for the TVs, the Samsung (or soon Sony) with RVU built in, is it hooked up via LAN or Coax? I thought they would be hooked up via coax like a receiver but I've never seen one or used one.

My CCK is in my furnace room. That's where my cable modem, router, switch and voice modem are. It passes through the power inserter which then goes into the garage where the splitters are. Everything is on a UPS in the furnace room (Cept the furnace and water heater of course).

I have Ethernet in all rooms but 2 bedrooms and kitchen.

I thought electronics worked best when kept cool ....

in the furnace room

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)