New ‘Star Trek’ TV Series To Launch In 2017 – Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
New ‘Star Trek’ TV Series To Launch In 2017 – Update http://news.yahoo.com/star-trek-tv-series-takes-153032696.html
Ever since Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, key players on the Star Trek feature franchise, moved to CBS TV Studios, there had been talk about them resurrecting the studio’s marquee title. Now the long-gestating new Star Trek TV series is becoming a reality. It will be shepherded by Kurtzman, who will serve as executive producer. He had quietly been meeting with potential writers for the past few months. CBS Television Studios is the studio.
The first original series developed specifically for CBS All Access, is set to premiere in January 2017. It will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966, according to the network. It will launch with a special preview broadcast on the CBS network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the U.S. on CBS All Access. The franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.Kurtzman and Orci have gone their separate ways in features. On the TV side, their company, CBS TV Studios-based Kurtzman/Orci Paper Products, is still intact though Kurtzman is expected to work solo on the Star Trek series as one of the projects under a separate deal with the studio.CBS Corp. had been high on rebooting Star Trek with a new series installment, which had been a goal for the company.
If in wrong forum please move and I apologize!!

Yeah, to me this isn't very exciting because it sounds more like a promo to get subscribers, than a programming move. They're betting people want a new Star Trek series bad enough to pay for it. I wonder if they'll sell the rights to Amazon for previous seasons (i.e. after Season 1 concludes on CBSAA, then the entire season would be available on Amazon).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)