New Starz Lineup

It would be nice if more of these premium channels were in HD. It is hard to get excited about them adding another Starz SD channel, as my viewing of SD material continues to diminish.

I'd like to see at least two or three each of the HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz packs be in HD. I guess that day will eventually come.

Tom Bombadil said:
It would be nice if more of these premium channels were in HD. It is hard to get excited about them adding another Starz SD channel, as my viewing of SD material continues to diminish.

I'd like to see at least two or three each of the HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz packs be in HD. I guess that day will eventually come.

I couldnt agree more...I just wonder how long unitl someone in these networks listen...

If its not in HD we dont watch it!!

Paradox-SJ said:
I couldnt agree more...I just wonder how long unitl someone in these networks listen...

If its not in HD we dont watch it!!

Speak for yourself. I am one of A LOT of people who do NOT yet have an HD television and am therefore happy about the new channel. You must realize and accept that you are still very much in the minority of households who DO have HD. Sorry!

Yes, HD is in the minority. But the numbers are growing, by the thousands every day. Latest estimates are that by 2010, 70% of all TVs sold will be HDTVs.

In my earlier post I wasn't demanding that new channels be in HD, only that more of them be mirrored in HD.

Given that Starz has had a hard time selling their primary channel in HD, it only goes that their secondary channels are not in HD. But I'd like to see it.

Right now I consider a HD lineup that has only 1 HBO channel and 1 Showtime channel, from all of the premium channel lineups, to be a very paltry offering. It will be nice to have Starz HD soon.

ChetK said:
I keep hearing about this Team Summit. What the heck is Team Summit?

It's a party thrown by Dish for Dish dealers and suppliers etc. Part party part training sessions. Dish tends to launch something big re: channels at each Team Summit.

I was on dtv website and compared to them we are nothing but hd. I just dont get why people keep harping about more, when we have more than anyone else. I think we are only a couple shy of vooms line up.

johnjudy said:
I was on dtv website and compared to them we are nothing but hd. I just dont get why people keep harping about more, when we have more than anyone else. I think we are only a couple shy of vooms line up.

I think it's simply because HD is a much nicer view than SD. I find myself skipping SD programming a lot because it flat out doesn't look as good anymore.

The clamor for more HD channels is in reality a clamor for shows people watch to be in HD. Even upcoverted programming is better looking than it's SD counterpart in most cases, even if it's not true HD.

Paradox-SJ said:
...If its not in HD we dont watch it!!

Nice try. You may not watch, but millions of us do. I'm happy for you that you have an hd tv and all, but of the 12+ million dish customers, my guess is less than a million have the whole hd thing going.
So, if programmers are listening, on behalf of the millions and millions of us (by choice) that don't have hd, thank you for remembering that we are still out here and we still watch non-hd tv!

JayPSU said:
Speak for yourself. I am one of A LOT of people who do NOT yet have an HD television and am therefore happy about the new channel. You must realize and accept that you are still very much in the minority of households who DO have HD. Sorry!

40 years ago people said the same thing when they tried to hold on to their obsolete black and white tv's. Time moves on.

johnjudy said:
I was on dtv website and compared to them we are nothing but hd. I just dont get why people keep harping about more, when we have more than anyone else.

Why wouldn't we want all channels in HD????

Well, you can keep the shopping channels.

I consider the current HD lineup to be marginally acceptable, given that it is 2006. By 2008 I expect it to be far larger, at least twice as many HD channels as we have now.

At some point in the future, SD will be dead. And that day cannot come soon enough. If anyone still has SDTVs, then let them use the s-video or composite outs on their receivers.

And I know things will be better. Beleive me I have 2 hd tvs and I like it better all around, but patience is a virtue and at least dish is providing more than most, for the magority of the population.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts