New Sub 1k 1080p Projectors

Wow, that's a great price for 1080p! And already available at Amazon. ;)
Hopefully it will push prices down. :up

I am still waiting for an LED lighting source in a projector. Those will be nice but I am sure expensive when they first come out. Great to see 1080P for under $1000 now. I wish there was content on Dish Network in 1080P to take full advantage on such a projector and the 1080P televisions. I don't rent Blue Rays / DVD's.

The Optoma accepts 1080p/24. How it is processed is still up for grabs. Hopefully they addressed the acceptance issue that plagued their earlier models. One very improtant thing to keep in mind with these inexpensive DLP projectors is that they have a fixed throw of 1.2:1, with no horizontal shift which makes it a little trickier to place.

S~

The Optoma accepts 1080p/24. How it is processed is still up for grabs. Hopefully they addressed the acceptance issue that plagued their earlier models. One very improtant thing to keep in mind with these inexpensive DLP projectors is that they have a fixed throw of 1.2:1, with no horizontal shift which makes it a little trickier to place.

S~

Yep. Which is exactly why I'm holding my breath for an sub 1K LCD 1080p. My LCD Epson Projector is throwing a 92" 16:9 image from 10.5' away with placement at 7' (near ceiling).

The Viewsonic Pro 8100HD can be has for about 1299. Nice projectors. We sold a ton of them. They were originally going for around 4K. Great picture and good in ambient lighting. Not quite as deep of blacks as the DLPs, but still accaeptable. Tons of great settings, too.

S~

Did I miss it in the review. I didn't see anything in there about how it handled 1080p material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts