New subscriber: Can't watch HBO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshsquall

Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Just got my install done today. When I try to watch any of the premium channels on my living room TV I get a message that "Your TV does not support this program's content protection." It works fine on my other TVs. This setup worked fine on Dish Network + HBO. My receiver is an Onkyo HT-S6100 and the TV is a Samsung FPT-5084. Each of those should support HDCP. Any ideas?

Sounds like you are using component cables joshsquall. You have to use hdmi on hbo now.

You can still watch HBO using component cables. If you are getting that message it is because you are using HDMI and something is not HDCP compliant. Most likely if your HDMI feeds through an audio receiver then to the TV, you can take the receiver out of the loop and it will fix the problem (and run an audio cable to the receiver).

Last resort if it is your TV that is not HDCP complaint, you can switch to component cables.

Do I have it backwards then? I thought you had to use hdmi for HBO now.

Do you have any other devices connected (a second Tv, a DVD recorder, slingbox etc?)

I have an Onkyo TX-NR708 and I see that message for a split second while the digital switching takes a moment to kick in when changing modes. Maybe something is set wrong for Sat on your Onkyo or possibly you have a switching issue?

You can still watch HBO using component cables. If you are getting that message it is because you are using HDMI and something is not HDCP compliant. Most likely if your HDMI feeds through an audio receiver then to the TV, you can take the receiver out of the loop and it will fix the problem (and run an audio cable to the receiver).

Last resort if it is your TV that is not HDCP complaint, you can switch to component cables.
what is "HDCP compliant"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)