new subscriber los angeles sketchy installer?

misanthrope

Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
hey all,

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 26" Sharp LCD HD TV and subscribed to Dish HD. I should have a 942 coming with the installer today around 3pm !
I went to the Dish website and entered my zip to find an installer in my area. I found:

GOFONE
12800 VENICE BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA
(310) 398-0222

The guy was nice and all but seemed kinda sketchy.

1. He told me that i needed to sign on for a one year contract in order to get the 942, otherwise I would have to pay additional $$.

2. He also said that the second satellite dish which dishnetwork has to provide in my area may have to be installed by dish themselves at a later date if he could not get them to OK his installation.

3. He wanted me to pay an additional $149.00 for another antenna to get HD locals. He told me something to the effect that the second sat dish was for a few channels like kcet and locals in Standard Definition only. The only way to get the locals in HD was to buy this antenna. Though he did mention that at some point in the future, locals in HD would be available without it.

I was unable to find a number at the dishnetwork web site for new customers and so have been unable to verify what he told me.

Also, are there any other tips I need to know to make sure this guy does the job correctly? I'm starting to get worried...

thanks!

-mis

Your install today, things to do before

= The 2nd dish should be free per the FCC for the smaller locals in your DMA.

= One year contract is NOT required.

See small print contract terms for new subs under DHA

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/getDish/disclaimers/dishPVRplans/index.shtml

= For your address, the $39.95 Silver Sensor should work fine, its a rabit ear type of thing. Sears even has it. My pulls in things 50 miles away.

Things just dont seem right. I sent you a private message on things I would check on. Things specific to your address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts