New Subscriber Observation

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Wow! I haven't seen so many new faces and new subscribers here in the VOOM Forum since I jumped aboard in early April with their $0 Down/No Commitment promotion offer. For a Company on their last legs:

* They appear to be adding new subscribers much faster under the $1/6 month offer than they did under the $0/no commitment offer.

* Some die-hard D*/E* people have switched over to V* due to a lack of HD programming. Plenty of others have openly stated they will make the switch if V* delivers an HD DVR and up to 70 HD channels by March.

* While V* certainly has problems with shoddy installation, IMO those numbers are way down from what we saw earlier.

Under the new offer, I managed to add two additional receivers. All receivers work perfectly - I have no lockups, freezes, reboots, etc. What did it cost me? Well, I'm renting three receivers @ $5 each or $15 per month.

I showed Voom to 4 guests yesterday, none of whom had ever heard of Voom. I showed them the Voom exclusive channels, and one replied: "You mean there is actually something worth watching on television?" All 4 were eager to look into it further with the intent of signing up. None of these have D* or E* and probably watch almost no television currently.

I believe there are TONS of people who have never heard of Voom nor have a clue about how different it is. The potential is enormous if Voom can get their message out to the right segments. A big opportunity is with people who have totally given up on television, but Voom can't reach them with television commercials.

Maybe Voom should start a program like Club Dish where we can get some programming credit for referrals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)