New Subscriber or Dish Move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I am moving and the Dish account at our current address is in my fiance's name but we are moving. What would be the best thing to do when we move, keep dish in her name and get the dish move, or get a new account and install in my name? What would be the advantages (if any). We now have 1 508 (purchased) and 1 510 (purchased). If I get a new install and lease a 942 would it be cheaper only having one receiver(942). What is the going price on Ebay or wherever for a 508 or 510? Also does the 942 require a phone line b/c we use cell phones. I know there is a bunch of questions here, but your help would be appreciated.

mothergoose45 said:
I am moving and the Dish account at our current address is in my fiance's name but we are moving. What would be the best thing to do when we move, keep dish in her name and get the dish move, or get a new account and install in my name? What would be the advantages (if any). We now have 1 508 (purchased) and 1 510 (purchased). If I get a new install and lease a 942 would it be cheaper only having one receiver(942). What is the going price on Ebay or wherever for a 508 or 510? Also does the 942 require a phone line b/c we use cell phones. I know there is a bunch of questions here, but your help would be appreciated.

Since you own the 508 and 510, you could keep them when you canceled your account. Then, once you get your new account up and running, you could call DISH and re-activate one or both of them on your new account.

But wouldnt a 942 basically be like 2 recievers? But i guess i could get the 508 re activated and i wouldnt get a dvr fee and just get the extra reciever fee. So what would I benefit more from. Is there anything good now for new subs? What are the fees with the 942 lease. Do you get a $5 fee for lease and a $5 fee for dvr? Help me out guys.

Make sure you have your credit card. It will have to have the matching address on it that is shown on your account or you will have to pay FULL PRICE to get your system moved. This is a new requirement from Dish Network. There are NO exceptions.

When are you moving, my understanding is Dish will be offering the AT60 for $19.99 a month for 12 months, also the 942 has a $250.00 upgrade fee for it. You will need a landline or pay the additional outlet fee of $4.99. Of course you will also be paying the $4.98 DVR fee for the 942 also.

The 942 won't save you any money, as it'll probably tag you with the HD Pak for a year, nonetheless the $250 lease fee... and you will need that phone line hooked up or pay another $5/month.

Do a Dishmover.. you can always use that second account idea at a later time. now's not the time to show your cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)