New Switch Needed w/ Super Dish

parkers3

Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
:confused: Does anyone know when the new switch will be available to hook my Sky Angel dish to my new Super Dish? (I got the Super Dish to get local channels.) The SW44 switch will not work with a Super Dish, and I was told by one technician at the Dish Network that they *thought* the new one will be called a DP44 switch. Unfortunately, depending on which technician I happen to be talking to, I get a slightly different story on exactly what I need and when a switch will be available. In the meantime, I am without SkyAngel (but fortunately SkyAngel will reconnect me at no charge when the switch is available).

So here are my exact questions:
1) Is the new switch actually called a DP44? :confused:
2) When will it be available? :confused:
3) Can I get it directly from DISH network? (One techie said yes; the other said no.) :confused:

Thanks!

Update on the "New Switch Needed" Saga

Here is an e-mail I just received on the subject....anyone else know of anything???? :no

------------------------------

Subject: Technical Support

Dear Mr. Parker,

Thank you for your email correspondence. At this time, the DishPro switch is still under development. We do not have a release date for it.

Sincerely,

Tom H.

Technical Support

Dish Network

--------------------------

********** Original Message **********

Full Name: Scott Parker

Question: Do you know when the new switch will be available to hook my

SkyAngel dish to my new Super Dish? (I got the Super Dish to get local

channels.) The SW44 switch will not work with a Super Dish (which one DISH

technician sent me), and I was told by another technician on the phone at

DISH Network that they *thought* the new one will be called a DP44 switch.

Unfortunately, depending on which technician I happen to be talking to, I

get a slightly different story on exactly what I need and when a switch

will be available. In the meantime, I am without SkyAngel (but fortunately

SkyAngel will reconnect me at no charge when the switch is available).

So here are my exact questions:

1) Is the new switch actually called a DP44?

2) Exactly when will it be available?

3) Can I get it directly from DISH network? (One techie said yes; the

other said no.)

4) Will I get free installation of the switch?

Look at the sticky on DishPro Plus technology in the Dish forum. It's actually called a DPP44 (DPP for DishPro Plus) and is supposed to ship in the next week. You probably won't need the other DPP44 features (single-cable drop for dual-tuner receivers and no adapter needed for legacy receivers), but it has the four inputs needed for a SuperDish-plus-SkyAngel installation, and it works with all existing DishPro equipment. (You won't need a DPP "separator" unless you use the single-drop feature; you probably will need the power inserter, however.)

Though you won't use it with a SuperDish, the new DPP Twin LNBF (coming in a few more weeks) is also a good thing for SkyAngel viewers. It has a built-in switch that takes a separate input from a wing satellite, so you can have a Dish500 plus SkyAngel with no external switches--just put the new LNBF on the Dish500, then connect the SkyAngel DishPro LNBF to its input. It also offers the single-drop feature, like the DPP44; we don't know yet if it also has the no-legacy-adapter feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)