New symbol on Guide

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
I have a Hopper with sling and since the latest update (S514) I have a new symbol on my guide.

I have attached a picture of the symbol appearing on SyFy and HGTV lines of the guide.

It is a small clock face with yellow arrows pointing one left and one right.

I might add that while the red dot on the current show of both appears to indicate they are being recorded, neither shows up on my recordings list when I press my DVR button.

I also looked at my other Hopper ( Hopper2000) and did not see those two recording there either.

It is now past the top of the hour, and the H2k does not show either of these programs on a tuner, and the HWS does not show them either, but the symbol persists.

What does it mean?

Guide.jpg

Not at my DVR now, but if I recall, this symbol means that the Hopper you wanted to record this on had a timer conflict and is recording on the other hopper. Recall seeing something similar a few days ago when my wife called me in for a new message she was seeing about a timer conflict and recording on our other Hopper.

Like the blue/violet/green timer icon is for the local Hopper you are at and the red icon is for the other Hopper.

But neither of these shows or channels is scheduled to be recorded at this time.

I looked at timers for both Hoppers and both of those shows are on timers on my H2K, but they are not new recordings (thus not recording) and there are idle timers on both Hoppers.

That symbol is when you have multiple hoppers, and your timers have a conflict. It will move them to the other Hopper to resolve the conflict, the most timers I have seen set up from one hopper, and recording including the second hopper(assuming the second hopper has 0 recordings going), was 5. I would delete the timer, and re-setup the timer from scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)