New System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toy5031

Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Duluth Mn
Have Fortec Dynmic FTA Receiver 33 inch Fortec Dish with Universal LNBF. Found out receiver is out of date for Galaxy 19. Looking for a new reciever to use with this dish. Any recommendations? Also looking at the dual LBNF. Non motorized. Duluth Mn area. There are so many choices out there it is hard to pick. One thing I want a receiver that can be upgraded in case they change locations. Looking for one that is not going to break the bank. Thanks

welcome :wave from a former Duluthian :)

The receiver will work fine. Just go into the menu and find the satellite that says 97.0W...it could be under one of these names
Galaxy 19 (g19)
Galaxy 25 (g25)
IntelSatAmericas 5 (IA5)
Telstar 5 (T5)

its all the same spot. My old Pansat is 8 years old and still has Telstar 5 as the name for 97W :)

On the menu it shows Galaxy 25 This is the one I was using before I lost signal. Looking at other posts and such I thought the receiver was looking for a signal that was saying Galaxy 19. So what you are saying it does not matter what it shows on the menu as long as you have the dish pointed in the right direction. What is the reason for changing from 25 to 19. Looking at this forum and others I noticed that you can get a couple of sat with one LNB. No I only have the Universal that came with kit in 2007. Can I run two receivers off 1 LNB. So if I get the receiver that I have working and want to add another what would you recommend.

What is the reason for changing from 25 to 19.
new satellite went up. It sounds weird but I'll give you a history lesson. Telstar got bought out by Intelsat Americas. Therefore T5 became IA5
Galaxy bought out IA. Since Galaxy already had a satellite fleet and was up I think G14 or maybe G15 what they did was any satellite owned by IA they added a "2" in front. Hence G25. (and G26 at 93W and G28 at 89W)...They decided to put up a new satellite which was the 19th sat so thats why its G19.

Can I run two receivers off 1 LNB
does the LNB have 2 outputs on it? If so then yes you can

You can probably edit the satellite name in your menu to reflect the 'current' name of the satellite, as they do change names from time to time. Scroll over to the listing that says Edit Satellite, the name is the first thing on the list. If I remember right, you just hit Enter , then the current name its showing will blank out, and you can use the remote to re-name it. Easy as pie.

So sat name on menu has no effect as long a dish is aimed right. Gal 19 36.0/186.7/+6.00----Gal 25 36.2/181.4 did it move? Looking at SESI AMC4 101W that is why I was looking at a new LNBF. Still want to hook up a second receiver, looking for some recommendation.

no the satellite at 97W didnt move. Well the one that was there (G25) did move somewhere else but thats irrelevant

G19 is at 97W longitude

What Iceberg said is correct. One of the most confusing things about FTA satellite is the Names of the Satellites. Those names are to show ownership of the vehicle. The orbital position is the address you need to go to.

A strange analogy, but I hope this explains it:
Jones moved away and Smith moved in. But the heat is still coal. Jones now has oil heat at the new place. But when you deliver coal to the old Jones place, it is now Smith's, but only pay attention to the address (97W). I hope that is not more confusing, but my family owned a coal company when I was little -- so it makes sense to me. Only Aunt Belle cared about the name and that was to get the MONEY!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)