Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Just got my 4DTV DSR-922 receiver earlier this week, and wanted to see if it's safe to connect it this way.

Using the following hardware:

100cm dish with Linear LNBF ------> Diseqc # 1 -----> in/out of HH motor ------> 3500s ------> into DSR 922.

I just dont have a straight line from the LNBF straight to the 922 yet. So i wanted to see if this is safe to do so before I fubar my new toy.

BTW: I think the seller who had this unit had it already at G1 for the guide, so I wanted to see if I can Rx music channels from KU @ 99w. I will have this along with a CBAND dish in a couple of weeks from now. So the 100cm will have to do for now if it's possible.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think that'll be fine. You might need to play with the feedhorn options on the 922 if you want the 922 to control the polarity with a voltage switched LNB.

You'll likely need to program X4 to be at wherever it thinks the positioner is now. The problem I forsee is that you won't be able to hit 'guide' to see the available channels. You'll have to know the channel numbers you are trying to tune. The VPIDs on lyngsat 'look' right but I'd have to double check against the 922.

Do you plan on a fixed dish for G1?

One more thing:
http://www.4dtvforum.com/sat_chart.php

That is a good list of 4DTV / real sat names in case you are in need of a decoder ring :).

Last edited:
Shawn95GT said:
I think that'll be fine. You might need to play with the feedhorn options on the 922 if you want the 922 to control the polarity with a voltage switched LNB.

You'll likely need to program X4 to be at wherever it thinks the positioner is now. The problem I forsee is that you won't be able to hit 'guide' to see the available channels. You'll have to know the channel numbers you are trying to tune. The VPIDs on lyngsat 'look' right but I'd have to double check against the 922.

Do you plan on a fixed dish for G1?

One more thing:
http://www.4dtvforum.com/sat_chart.php

That is a good list of 4DTV / real sat names in case you are in need of a decoder ring :).

Thanks Shawn.. yes I plan having a fixed or motorized dish at G1 soon. This weekend looks like it will be raining here both saturday and sunday ... so that will be on hold til the following weekend for now.

Im looking at this 8ft dish that someone wants removed, so I might go that route too.

Shawn95GT said:
Did you figure out a way to get away with the BUD at your place, or did you move?

Shawn

Homeowners on my back even with the 100cm ... LOL

Most likely this 4dtv will end up at my parents home where they have an 8ft and 10ft and no homeowners assc.

Unless I move any time soon of course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)