New to C-Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
its one of those quirks with 4DTV...there are 4 types of digital channels on 4DTV
-free...these everyone gets regardless of subscription. I get a few of these on mine
-free if you sub...these chanels are "freebies" but you have to sub to something
-subscription....self explanatory
-non-free non-sub...these are for cable comapnies only...can't sub to them

GMC is under the 2nd spot

I hear you Iceberg but everything just doesn't jive together. For what you said to be true a subcriber would have to get a free channel that's completely unadvertised. If it's so then it is, but it's not what I'm hearing for the subscriber or the channel.

I get several channels that are not in my subscription package. Some I can get with my 4dtv that has no subscriptions. A couple of channels (that I can think of) not included in the package that are free on my 920 (subscription unit), but not on the 922 (non-subscription unit), are MAV tv and FUN tv. And I haven't ever seen either one of these advertised, have you?

Al

Let make it clear on the defination for the so-call "free" DC2:

FP Fixed Processed or fixed key, channel is open, BUT might need
authorization or subscription to be viewable.

ZK Zero Key, channel is open for everybody

MP Multiple Processed or scrambled, channel is scrambled and
need a key and authorization/subscription.

The channel you want to watch is in Fixed-Key mode. The receive must be in "sub" mode to view the Fixed Key channels.
Now for the Fixed Mode, there is no garantee that it's in this mode for good, it might go dark to MP mode any time.

Contacting satellite provider to ask about Fixed-Key mode is a mistake.

Also, if you does not have C-band dish yet, I recommend you get the dish larger than 6ft. 6ft dish is considered as undersized one for C-band signal. While people claims they can get most C-band channels using 6ft dish, there is not garantee it will get the good lock on the transponder where the channel you want resides.
Espcially it's one G11, which right next to it there are 2 sat within 2 degs on both East and WEst.
Good luck

I hear you Iceberg but everything just doesn't jive together. For what you said to be true a subcriber would have to get a free channel that's completely unadvertised. If it's so then it is, but it's not what I'm hearing for the subscriber or the channel.

Cband is definitly a differant animal then I am used to. I have an 8 ft dish lined up, it's hooked up and works. I just have to move it. As far as the future of the GMC and me - Only time will tell. Anyone interested in recording the channel for me and sending it over to my house? :)

Also, if you does not have C-band dish yet, I recommend you get the dish larger than 6ft. 6ft dish is considered as undersized one for C-band signal. While people claims they can get most C-band channels using 6ft dish, there is not garantee it will get the good lock on the transponder where the channel you want resides.
Espcially it's one G11, which right next to it there are 2 sat within 2 degs on both East and WEst.
Good luck

it gets a good lock (+5.9 on the Ebno screen and +2.8 is a lock) :) Just tried it the other day. That's how I found out it wasn't free free and was subbed free :)

New question. I will have to take apart the dish that I have set up to get. Is it a big deal tp take apart and put together? Are there any precautions I should take?

Let make it clear on the defination for the so-call "free" DC2:

FP Fixed Processed or fixed key, channel is open, BUT might need
authorization or subscription to be viewable.

ZK Zero Key, channel is open for everybody

MP Multiple Processed or scrambled, channel is scrambled and
need a key and authorization/subscription.

The channel you want to watch is in Fixed-Key mode. The receive must be in "sub" mode to view the Fixed Key channels.
Now for the Fixed Mode, there is no garantee that it's in this mode for good, it might go dark to MP mode any time.

Contacting satellite provider to ask about Fixed-Key mode is a mistake.

Good luck

Don't forget about "U" Universal mode, like ALTV it requires a subscription to any DC II channel to get it.:)

What the cheapest way to get a 4dtv reciever - I heard about a sidecar - what's that?

A sidecar normally gets attached to an old C/KU Band analog box for the digital feeds. Thats the 905 model. Allows you to get both analog & digital feeds but it requires 2 boxes.
The 920 & 922 are a combo analog/digital box.

You can use a 905 separate (I do) and not use an analog box but the analog feeds you won't get (which in your case is not needed) :)

If all i want is GMC I could set the side car to get that channel and I'd be all set. I heard they are hard to work. Does this forum has a section that sells used equipment like a sidecar?

Nah. They arent that hard to work once its set up :)

The classified area here would be the place to look...or ebay. The model number for the sidecar is 905

I just set it up for saturday - I'll get the dish then!!! I got my tools and I'm ready to complete step one. Hopefully with no big problems. I'm still waiting for someone to save me from my Non-Gospel Music Channel state :) Anyone got a free finger to push a record button for me? ;)

Thanks for the offer iceberg. Anyone else feel like being a good samaritian?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts