New to DirecTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

miller24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Hey guys! I currently have Dish Network. I recently moved to a bigger apartment and am wanting to add my other two bedrooms to my Dish. However, I was thinking... If I'm going to be paying $99 for the other rooms to be installed, why not just go with DirecTV?

What does everyone think? I need 1 HD and 2 standard receivers. What would be the cheapest deal I could get??

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Call or PM Robert at the ValueElectronics.com link listed above. You should be able to get the special multi-room deal & install for new customers and add an HD receiver to that.

If I go with the Free 4 year deal through Directv now, can I get the HD later for the free AR?

Did you mean 4 room deal not 4 year? If so no, you will have to do all deals at one time, but still, give Robert a call to see what he can do for you.

I went from Comcast in 2003 to DirecTV with TiVo in 2004. Very happy with the service. Downtime on Comcast was a few days a year... downtime with DirecTV has been a few hours a year. Sorry, no experience with Dish Network, yet.

I'm interested in reading comments about Dish Network vs. DirecTV...

GeoFan49 said:
I'm interested in reading comments about Dish Network vs. DirecTV...

I second that. Ive had directv for years but Ive always wondered if the grass really is greener...

trainee said:
I second that. Ive had directv for years but Ive always wondered if the grass really is greener...

Its probably the same kind of discussion you get if you want to compare the XBOX to the Playstation, or Sprint to Verizon, or XM to Sirius, or Ford trucks to Chevy Trucks, or Cable Internet to DSL, or Dell to HP, or ....

Basically you will listen to a bunch of people with their own opinions, and you realize you still have to find out for yourself. :)

trainee said:

The grass is always greener on the other side, that is, until you realize they use the same fertilizer. ;)

No, the greener grass is always because of over-fertilized "promotional schemes"; once that runs out cable is generally higher cost with less CS. This is why they must bundle to get you back to their TV products and that isn't worth the small $5 - $10 savings per month.

charper1 said:
No, the greener grass is always because of over-fertilized "promotional schemes"; once that runs out cable is generally higher cost with less CS. This is why they must bundle to get you back to their TV products and that isn't worth the small $5 - $10 savings per month.

Agreed, I only offered the quote as an attempt at humour. :)

I was making a reply to something said earlier but forgot to quote it. It was only after the board updated for me (still seeing some posting issues) that I saw you remarks. AND the fertilizer seems to be a theme. LoL!

Sorry.

trainee said:

charper1 said:
I was making a reply to something said earlier but forgot to quote it. It was only after the board updated for me (still seeing some posting issues) that I saw you remarks. AND the fertilizer seems to be a theme. LoL!
Sorry.

No apologies required, I wasn't taking it as negative anyways, and, it is just as much my fault for assuming your post was to me. :)

Beta v VHS = NO

BUT

Win v Mac = YES

its all a pref issue and there is not enough difference for one side or the other to stand up and declare one 1000% better than the other.

charper1 said:
Beta v VHS = NO

BUT

Win v Mac = YES

its all a pref issue and there is not enough difference for one side or the other to stand up and declare one 1000% better than the other.

Are you saying that there is no contest, that Beta is better than VHS? ;)

Chip

GeoFan49 said:
So, is it like Betamax vs. VHS? or Windows vs. Macintosh?

No, the comparison of BETA v VHS is not like DBS v DBS or DBS v CABLE, etc. In fact, those comparisons have much more in common with the Win/PC v MAC, which is what I was pointing out.

AND

Yes, BETA was "better" than VHS, but that was not the ONLY factor, and thus SONY doomed it to failure. (but this was not the point of his or my post)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts