New to Dish: 722 DVR questions

TinLemon

Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Hi, not only am I new to this board, but I'm also completely new to Dish. I've been a long time TiVo user and am trying to accomplish some similar TiVo functions my on 722 DVR.

Specifically, is it possible to "season pass" a show? The closest I could find was Dish Pass, but that seems more like a way to record shows that deal with a certain subject or topic rather than a specific show. Do I really just need to go through the guide until I find the show I want and then DVR it that way?

I'm also wondering if there is a way to jump from one channel to the next by entering the new channel number without waiting for the receiver to accept the number. For example, if I want to go from channel 2 to channel 10 I type 010 and then wait for a few seconds for the receiver to accept the number. Is there an unofficial "enter" button on remote somewhere to force the channel change?

Is there a way to change which TV is being used as the DVR tv before the show starts recording. For instance, last night I decided to go watch TV in my bedroom (TV2) and then a show started to record. Since I wasn't watching TV1 I would've preferred if it recorded from there but I couldn't figure out a way to fix it real quick.

Any help you could provide would be great!

Just set a normal timer. You can select to record only new shows, all shows, or just once. On the options page you can limit the number shows for that particular timer.

Hi, not only am I new to this board, but I'm also completely new to Dish. I've been a long time TiVo user and am trying to accomplish some similar TiVo functions my on 722 DVR.

Specifically, is it possible to "season pass" a show? The closest I could find was Dish Pass, but that seems more like a way to record shows that deal with a certain subject or topic rather than a specific show. Do I really just need to go through the guide until I find the show I want and then DVR it that way?

I'm also wondering if there is a way to jump from one channel to the next by entering the new channel number without waiting for the receiver to accept the number. For example, if I want to go from channel 2 to channel 10 I type 010 and then wait for a few seconds for the receiver to accept the number. Is there an unofficial "enter" button on remote somewhere to force the channel change?

Is there a way to change which TV is being used as the DVR tv before the show starts recording. For instance, last night I decided to go watch TV in my bedroom (TV2) and then a show started to record. Since I wasn't watching TV1 I would've preferred if it recorded from there but I couldn't figure out a way to fix it real quick.

Any help you could provide would be great!

Welcome to DISH and the forum!!!! I'm new to DISH (1 week today) and the 722 also but can tell you what I do. I'm coming from cable and a Motorola box with DVR.

As for the "season pass", I tried Dish Pass also but like youm that seems more like a topic or shows with something in the name as opposed to one show for a season. What I did was find my show in the guide and selected to record it. Then when the recording options comes up, I set it for new episodes. (Sometimes I selected all episodes.) I also tweaked the ending time to go a couple of minutes longer so I can see what is going to happen the next week on the show. Mine always seem to stop before that happens and I couldn't figure out how to change the time on my 722. Does anybody know if that is possible?

I'm using a Harmony 880 remote and it does have an enter button. Since it got it's commands from a database at Logitech for the 722 remote, there must be an enter key on the remote (so to speak). I'm not home to try it, but try using the select button after entering your channel number.

I don't know a way to do this unless you are telling your TV to record a show currently on. Then you can select which "TV" to use to record. Maybe your best bet is to tune in the show on TV1 and start recording it and then go to TV2 and change the channel. The only bad thing is if you do it in the middle of the show, you will have it recorded in 2 portions.

Hope that helps.

Greg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)