New to dish have some questions

mtwolf

Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
Hello all,

I am switching to the dish network from cable, I am being installed next week and need some information - first -- I am gettting 3 tv's hooked up 2 with DVR and one not - I have not been told what dish or receivers they are going to install is there anyting I need to make sure of before they arrive as far as the equipment ? Second -- I do not really want to have a bunch of cables running around the outside of my house and am considering running my own cabling -- the cable company left me a bunch of rg6 cable and told me I would have to run it myself to fix the problems I am having unless I wanted to pay them (main reason I am switching) anyway as far as cable runs -- do I need to run two cables to the main tv that is sharing the dvr box, one for the main and one from the other tv to where the main box will be? and than I have been told that there is a seperate box (splitter) that hooks all the cables together.show I am guessing that I need to run 2 cables to one location (but am not sure exactly where the box will be) I think the only place they can get a clear line of site is on the sw corner of the house however that may be a 50 ft run to where I can have the cables come out, I know I am asking a bunch of questions but I am trying to make this as easy as I can to get installed and one last thing do the installers bring poles to ground mount I do not really want the dish on roof or side of house? Boy I hope I am making the right move by swithing?

Thanks in advance for all your help

I think you are making the right move by switching. I've never heard of a cable company leaving a customer cable and have him fix the problem.

As far as the pole mount, I don't think that's considered a "standard install." So you may be charged extra, if they will even do it. For the dual tuners (522), you will need two RG 6 lines from the dish to the receiver and one RG6 to the second tv (if you are running in dual mode).

According to my installer, the pole mount IS a part of the standard install, but he admitted that some installers try to charge seperately. If he or she would try, make them contact their main office and tell them what he is trying to charge you. Chances are, they won't make the call. My brother had a pole about a year ago, no charge. Cable included up to 50'.

KAB said:
According to my installer, the pole mount IS a part of the standard install, but he admitted that some installers try to charge seperately. If he or she would try, make them contact their main office and tell them what he is trying to charge you. Chances are, they won't make the call. My brother had a pole about a year ago, no charge. Cable included up to 50'.

Pole mount is NOT standard install if requested by CX because they dont WANT dish on the house.
Basiclly if i can hit the birds from your house and you want it on a pole...yer payin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)