New to Dish HD

1stTimer

Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
I've been a long time subscriber with Dish and since the prices for HD TV's have come down I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

My question is, can I purchase a used or new 6000 or a 811 and have it added to existing account? I currently do not have the HD package just AT180.

Thanks

The current Dishn-it-Up promo is $49 charge for getting you a leased 211, and upgrading your dish and/or switch to get all the HD satellites you'd need. There's an 18 month committment, and you'd need to sub to at least HD-Bronze (like AT-60 with HD).

That promo may change (for better or worse) on 1FEB.

I would like to avoid a 1.5 year commitment and leasing any equipment from Dish, if possible. I can get used/new 6000/811 fairly cheap, I just want to make sure I can still sub it to my current account and get whatever MPEG2 HD channels available, even though I do not currently subscribe to a HD package.

Thanks garys...that's what I was afraid of. Would I be able to get the other HD channels on a 6000/811 if I buy/lease a MPEG4 receiver (211, 622, etc)?

Thanks garys...that's what I was afraid of. Would I be able to get the other HD channels on a 6000/811 if I buy/lease a MPEG4 receiver (211, 622, etc)?
some espnhd,tnthd,HDnet Hd movies, Discovery hd and 10 of the Voom channels..everything else is mpeg 4 (including locals)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts