New to DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do they charge extra if you wanted a pole install instead of traditional rooftop mount?

A lot of the "problems" you described on your 622 are not problems. They are safety features. They prevent problems later with conflicting recordings and two people trying to use the same receiver. As for "locked" receivers, it really isn't "locked". There are ways around it depending on the situation. The reason for this is to make sure that some one on TV1 doesn't stop and erase a recorcing some one on TV 2 is trying to make!

It will take some getting used to. As you understand the logic behind some of these features your fustration will subside somewhat.

Again, the least confusing way to use the 622 when two different people will be using the unit at the same time on a regular basis is in the dual mode with the TV Plus and Share mode turned off. This way the unit acts like two independent receivers with a single library of recorded events. TV 1 can still record from sat while watching OTA or DVR or vice-versa.

The trick is to have something on the DVR available to watch when the tuner is busy recording something.

See ya
Tony

Why are some of my HD channels 'doubled up'? I noticed Discovery HD, TNT, and several more are repeated twice in the listing with different #s. Is that because I'm getting the same channels from more than one satellite? Which ones should I remove and which should I keep or is it best practice to keep them all in case some go out?

Also, how can I test out "ota hd" on my own? Where do I tell the 622 to 'attempt' to find them? I don't want to mess anything up..and I hit a screen wehre I thought you could play with it..but I was afraid if I did something I might lose all the channels & stuff the guys already set up. Is it really just as easy as pluggin in a coax antenna to the DVR and having the dvr 'search' for channels? Even if just picked up 1 or 2..thats better than we're getting now.

HD channels that mirror SD channels are mapped down to the SD channel number. This feature can be turned off in the local channels menu. Or you can create a favorites menu that omits the SD channel and only shows the HD one.

HD channels that mirror SD channels are mapped down to the SD channel number. This feature can be turned off in the local channels menu. Or you can create a favorites menu that omits the SD channel and only shows the HD one.

No, you're missing what I'm saying. Its not the SD versions..its 2 HD versions. For instance, I have:

DSCHD 182 and DSCHD 9421
TNT HD 138 and TNT HD 9420
etc

I already have a built-in "hd only" favorites with the 622 I can't delete..thats how I can see these things repeated.

They're both HD..just weird they're listed twice. Are you saying the tv automatically 'overrides' the SD channel with an HD version? If so, should I delete the "sd" ones so they won't show up twice?

Sorry, but you missed what Jim was saying.

The HD channels are mirrored to the SD channel numbers for convenience to those that do not what to go to the 9400 block to see the HD channels.

So TNT shows in SD on channel 138. then channel 138 shows again with TNT HD. TNT HD also "lives" on channel 94xx.

HBO, HGTV, Food Network all do the same thing.

The lower channel number HD mirror can be disabled if you don't want them there.

BTW a "mirror" of a channel takes virtually no bandwidth. It is a signal to the receiver to put the same program stream on channel x and y at the same time.

See ya
Tony

Sorry, but you missed what Jim was saying.

The HD channels are mirrored to the SD channel numbers for convenience to those that do not what to go to the 9400 block to see the HD channels.

So TNT shows in SD on channel 138. then channel 138 shows again with TNT HD. TNT HD also "lives" on channel 94xx.

HBO, HGTV, Food Network all do the same thing.

The lower channel number HD mirror can be disabled if you don't want them there.

BTW a "mirror" of a channel takes virtually no bandwidth. It is a signal to the receiver to put the same program stream on channel x and y at the same time.

See ya
Tony

Thanks!

Noted..and dupes removed. I don't see why I would want SD, HD-1 mirror and HD of the same station in my listings. Since the "ALL HD" option is built-into the 'favorites' and there's no way to remove it, I think for now that's the way to go..doesn't matter that they're on 9000+ channels, it takes less than 10 secs to scroll through the entire list.

The 'dual tuner' stuff is making more sense now; it seems its not hard to do if you are scheduling a recording in advance..only if the show is currently LIVE..and you're attempting to save it..and grab a 2nd one on the other tuner at the same time. In that scenario you have to make sure you hit "tv2" in the record options or else you're locked from watching another channel while that recording is going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts