new to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
greetings all,

So I have been with dish since sept. 09 and really never new about this forum until a few weeks ago. So here is my question for everybody, I want to get the Distant Networks like Fox, NBC in HD. I was told by Dish when I signed up for service the only way I could do that would be if I called All American Direct for the service, since I am in a area that locals are not available to me. AAD said that my dish would have to be pointed to the 119 and 120 orbit to get that for the eastern arc. I just looked at my receiver and my dish is pointed 77, 72 and 61.5 and I am using a 1000.4 dish. When I called dish back last night I was told that I can not get another dish and no one would come out to swap the dish for me. Is this true? can the 1000.4 dish not pick up the 119 and 120 orbits? if not what can I do to get the distant networks?

Thanks

If you have the eastern arc dish for 77/72.7/61.5, you can hook a side sat dish in for 110 for HD distants or 119 for sd distants from All American Direct. You will have to buy the dish and install it your self or get a local installer to do the install. Dish isn't going to install a side sat for you since it isn't for reception of their programming. Even though the AAD distants are on the DISH satellites. The dish can be run by coax into the lnb in port of the dish 1000.4 to get all 4 sats on all your receivers. Remember to run a check switch once you get the new dish installed .

If you have the eastern arc dish for 77/72.7/61.5, you can hook a side sat dish in for 110 for HD distants or 119 for sd distants from All American Direct. You will have to buy the dish and install it your self or get a local installer to do the install. Dish isn't going to install a side sat for you since it isn't for reception of their programming. Even though the AAD distants are on the DISH satellites. The dish can be run by coax into the lnb in port of the dish 1000.4 to get all 4 sats on all your receivers. Remember to run a check switch once you get the new dish installed .

which dish is used for the 110 and the 119? thanks

mbruno

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)